Simple Call Blocker is a utility that lets you block unwanted calls to your iPhone.
It allows you to add individual numbers, or ranges of numbers, that you wish to block to the blacklist.
You may also whitelist numbers or ranges of numbers, so that they will not be blocked by this app, even if they are in the blacklist.
Optionally, you may also whitelist all of your phone's contacts.
## Does the app contain a list of known phone spammers to block?
No. Simple Call Blocker does not provide or maintain a known spammers blacklist. There are several other iOS call blockers that do, which you can use for free, if that feature is important to you. You may use Simple Call Blocker in conjunction with one of those other apps to blacklist additional numbers.
## Why would I use this app?
1. Simple Call Blocker allows you to block a range of phone numbers, to help prevent “neighbor spam”, for free. Other apps may let you blacklist individual phone numbers, but require an in-app purchase or paid subscription to block ranges of numbers.
2. Simple Call Blocker does not collect your personal information. You do not need to provide it access to you contacts for the whitelist to work (though the “whitelist contacts” will not work). In contrast, some call blockers require a subscription or even a login to their web service in order to work.
3. Simple Call Blocker is designed to be very simple and reliable. In contrast, with many call blockers, it is hard to determine how many numbers are in the blacklist, whether or not the “Call Directory app extension” is loaded, and so on.
Simple Call Blocker does not collect any of your information, period. No data within the app or accessed by the app is ever transmitted to the developer.
- Redesigned input forms to better accommodate large text and/or small screens.
- Updated code to Swift 4.2.
Ratings and Reviews
Simple, buggy, but works!
The annoying neighbor spam that comes two to three times a day stopped the moment I set this app up. Works very well for my iPhone 8. Buggier on the iPhone 6s when trying to turn on the Call Blocking & Identification setting, sometimes would spin for hours.
Highly recommended. No frills and works incredibly well. Cheers to the developer!
Only lets you maintain a blacklist of numbers to block. Let’s you specify ranges- but there’s a hard limit of 50,000,000 numbers placed on the app (and all apps like this) by Apple.
This sounds like a lot unless you want to block every possible number and whitelist only the numbers you want to ring through. (10,000,000,000 possibles not accounting for area codes and prefixes not in use)
Let's through some black-listed callers
Kept getting calls for political donations, all within the same set of phone numbers. Figured this app could help. I'm definitely getting fewer of these calls, but some are still going through for whatever reason
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.