Simple chess board
By Luis Lopez
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
A simple chess board and a chess clock without movement restrictions. Free movement as a real board.
Current features are:
• Move pieces freely, add or remove them.
• Undo/Redo last movement.
• Rotate board and/or pieces.
• Use checkers game pieces.
• Save/load positions for later use, or delete them when you don't need them anymore (swipe over them). Starting positions for chess and checkers are available.
• Use a chess clock where you can configure initial time, move time increment, increment after a number of movement, hourglass time, ...
• Set time independent for black and white if required.
• Save/load time settings for later use. Already available some common times.
• Tweet your current position.
What's New in Version 1.2.1
Fixes some issues with settings screen
Very handy study tool
I don't have the visualization skills to read through a chess game without a board. If I have my iPad or my iPhone, this program does the trick. Same with studying end games from a book or website. With a number of moves between diagrams, this program lets me follow along move by move. I know that you can do the same in a playing program by setting up human vs human and setting up the position, but with this program, it is super easy and convenient.
Fills a chess need!
Having just a chess board where pieces can easily be moved around to set up practice positions is a great feature of this app...who needs another chess computer with so many others out there? So this app in all its simplicity is so welcomed and unique!
However, it loses points for lacking two main features...no portrait view on iPad and the board alone cannot expand to fill the entire screen... If author fixes these, this program would be perfect for all who study chess!
Handy, easy to use, cannot save positions
Handy for playing or for studying positions. Easy to use. But there is no Help, and, when you tap Save, it fails with the message "You must insert text". There is no way that I can find to insert any text. I imagine the text it wants is a name for the position.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 10, 2015
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 7.2 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Spanish
- Seller: Luis López Sebastián
- © 2012 Luis Lopez
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove ads$0.99