Simple Contacts - Skip the doctors office for contact lens prescription renewals
By Simple Contacts Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Simple Contacts is the most convenient way to renew your current contact lens prescription and get new lenses. Take a quick and easy test, designed by Ophthalmologists, to assess your current lens prescription. Within 24 hours your digital exam will be reviewed by one of our staff Ophthalmologists and your lenses will be on their way to you!
- No hassle
- Skip the doctor’s office visit
- Fast shipping is FREE
- We offer the best prices you can find on contact lenses anywhere
Currently available to patients in New York, Texas, California, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Washington, Oregon, Florida, Arizona, Michigan, Arkansas, Wisconsin, Illinois, New Jersey, North Carolina, North Dakota, Colorado, Ohio, Delaware, Kansas, Virginia, South Dakota, Maryland, Rhode Island, Missouri, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Utah, Iowa, West Virginia, Nevada, Tennessee, Minnesota, Louisiana, and Montana.
Here’s how it works:
1) We ask you a few quick and easy questions about your medical history to make sure that you’re eligible for our remote prescription renewal. Don’t worry – your answers are shared only with our staff doctors.
2) While wearing your current contact lenses, we record a short video of your eye to make sure there are no signs of redness.
3) With your lenses still on, we have you read off a simple visual acuity chart while standing 10 feet away (speak loudly and clearly, please). We’re checking if you can see 20/20 with your current contact lenses.
4) You select the lenses you need, choose the quantity, and enter the exact prescription details for what you wear today. As soon as an Ophthalmologist approves your prescription renewal (within 24 hours, usually quicker), your lenses are shipped!
That’s it! A half day visit to the Optometrist turned into a 2-minute test from the comfort of your own home. Our test is designed by doctors. Our company is run by doctors. The comfort and safety of our customers is priority #1.
The Simple Contacts app is FDA registered. We’re rapidly expanding, so keep an eye on this page to see when we’re available near you!
What's New in Version 2.3
- We now accept Apple Pay!
- Available in even more states!
- Exam reliability improvements
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
I cannot believe this app exists because it seems like it should only exist in my dreams. I downloaded the app on a Tuesday, did the two exams through the app, entered my old Rx info, and paid. The exams were reviewed and approved by a doctor on Wednesday morning. It is now Friday and my contacts were waiting for me when I got home. The cost of the contacts were the same as competitors (1800contacts, my optometrist, etc) but the cost of the exam was only $10. Shipping was free. I have been recommending simple contacts to literally everyone because it's just incredibly efficient, cheaper than getting a full fledged eye exam at the optometrist, and saves you so much time and hassle. It has taken what was once a two step process for me (going to the optometrist for an exam and then ordering contacts online) and made it a one step process that is done in less than 10 minutes. It's revolutionary and I love it. Customer service is also fabulous. Simple Contacts is a real winner.
Wonderful Experience! Lifesaver!
I have never heard of being able to do an eye exam for contact lenses without physically going in to doctor. This app/company made this the best experience for me & my husband! We both received our contact prescription & contacts (they were able to rush for us/overnight ship) so fast! I was updated through every process of the experience from taking the exam, getting results & lenses shipped. I was able to do it all from the app as well as saving SO much money! The exam was only around $10. Thank you for the BEST experience and will definitely refer all my family & friends! Download this app & use this company immediately! You will not be disappointed.
Fast and easy
I did the eye exam Wed morning. Got the results Thurs morning. Contacts shipped on Friday and I received it in the mail on Saturday. So easy. So fast. And the prescription last two years. Only thing I didn't get was the mail-in rebate. Will try to contact support on that.
*Update* Never got around to contacting support but about one month later I did finally get an email to redeem the rebate amount. So price-wise it's definitely a savings because Acuvue products have the same price no matter who you buy from. Other brands may differ. Add the cost of going to the eye doctor and this app is simply the BEST for anyone whose prescription never changes.