Renew your contact lens prescription with the only app based vision test. Take a quick and easy test, designed by Doctors, to assess your current lens prescription. Select your contacts, and within 24 hours a new RX and lenses will be on the way.
- No hassle
- Skip the doctor’s office visit this time
- Fast shipping is FREE
- We offer the best prices you can find on contact lenses anywhere
Currently available to patients in nearly every state.
Here’s how it works:
1) We ask you a few quick and easy questions about your medical history to make sure that you’re eligible for our remote prescription renewal. Don’t worry – your answers are shared only with our staff doctors.
2) While wearing your current contact lenses, we record a short video of your eye to make sure there are no signs of redness.
3) With your lenses still on, we have you read off a simple visual acuity chart while standing 10 feet away (speak loudly and clearly, please). We’re checking if you can see 20/20 with your current contact lenses.
4) You select the lenses you need, choose the quantity, and enter the exact prescription details for what you wear today. As soon as an Ophthalmologist approves your prescription renewal (within 24 hours, usually quicker), your lenses are shipped!
That’s it! A half day visit to the Optometrist turned into a 2-minute test from the comfort of your own home. Our test is designed by doctors. Our company is run by doctors. The comfort and safety of our customers is priority #1.
The Simple Contacts app is FDA registered.
Thanks for using Simple Contacts. We periodically issue new releases to improve your experience as a patient. Update to the latest version to make sure you have access to all the latest features and improvements.
If you run into any issues or just need some help, please reach out to our Patient Experience team at email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
This is a great alternative to a yearly eye exam to get your prescription renewed. I was a bit skeptical, afraid it was “too good to be true” but my contacts came within a week and there were no hidden charges.
Obviously you’ll want to get an in-person exam every few years so a doctor can check the health of your eyes (not just renew your prescription) but this app is great for those of us without underlying health issues who just want to be able to get contacts for longer than a year without having to pay for a $150+ exam that we don’t need every single year. I’ll probably go in for an office visit next year but will definitely use this app in between visits for sure.
Only issue I had was the calibration of how far you have to stand for the test. My phone made me stand well over 10 feet away (closer to 15) before it would allow me to take the exam, but I’ve got pretty good vision so it was still okay. Love the service and appreciate the reasonable price!
I was so skeptical, I’m not gonna lie. This sounded WAY too good to be true. But I went for it anyway because what the hell, what have I got to lose? I had a few hiccups on the exam because I couldn’t get the correct placement of my phone so I had to re-do it a few times. I gave that feedback and I think they have corrected and simplified it even more, which is great! I had to contact customer service because I wasn’t quite sure if my contacts had shipped since there were a few hiccups on the testing process and I hadn’t received an order summary yet. Customer service was fast to reply and let me know everything was on its way! I took the test on a Saturday evening and by Monday the Contacts had shipped. I think they arrived on the following Saturday. Also while looking at price comparisons of my contacts, Simple Contacts still had the lowest prices!
I was another skeptical customer but IMMEDIATELY felt good about my choice to use this app when I received a text the next day, confirming my order and letting me know that the doctor would review my exam within 24 hours. I reminded hem that I chose one day shipping because I desperately needed my contacts before a trip and they kept me updated on the status of my exam and contacts. They told me that I should receive my lenses when I needed them by and offered to refund me the shipping if it got here later than I expected. Well, I got them the next day and I am INCREDIBLY satisfied with the entire experience. NOTE: I was only offered a 3 month RX because I have a high myope (very high RX) and because I haven’t had a proper exam in over 18 months. So if you’re similar to me, don’t go expecting a 2 year RX through this app.
- Simple Contacts Inc
- 32.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 Simple Contacts Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.