Simple Control Legacy (Formerly Roomie Remote)
By Roomie Remote, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Simple Control Legacy is the original Roomie Remote app and is designed for iOS 8 or 9. The newer version of this app is Simple Control Home.
Use Wi-Fi to control thousands of devices like TVs, cable and satellite boxes, receivers, Blu-ray players, lights, thermostats, and many more smart home devices. Simple Control Legacy includes control of 3 devices. Add a Simple Service subscription to control additional devices, view media guides, and enjoy many more features.
IMPORTANT: Some devices may not be controlled directly via Wi-Fi and require a Simple Blaster adapter for infrared control. Check our website to determine whether any of your devices need a Simple Blaster.
Winner of the 2015 and 2016 CEA Home Technology App of the Year Award!
• IP Control + Auto-Discovery: World class control directly via Wi-Fi for thousands of devices including AppleTV, Fire TV, DISH, Sonos, TiVo, Nest, Kodi, Plex, DirecTV, Roku – automatically discovered on your network.
• Gesture Remote: Intuitive gestures let you control your remote without looking down.
• Virtual Remote: A single remote for all of your devices, automatically optimized with all commands from your original remotes and additional commands to make everything work together.
• Unmatched Compatibility: Over 250,000 commands for IP, Infrared, and even Serial devices.
• iTunes: Includes Airplay control, position scrubbing, album art, volume, and more.
• Sonos: Runs your entire Sonos system. Group/regroup speakers, setup automatic regroupings and control Sonos services.
• Synchronization: Run on as many iPhones/iPads as you like – your configuration will automatically sync in real time.
• Macros+Automation: Sequence precise control over your devices.
• Customization: Remotes can be customized with your own buttons, graphics, and commands.
• IP Receivers: Displays volume, power, and many other aspects of popular receivers from Yamaha, Denon, Onkyo, Marantz, and more. Integration with receiver streaming services.
• IP TV/Projectors: Sony, Sharp, Panasonic, Samsung, JVC, LG.
• IP Lighting, Thermostats, Cameras: Honeywell, Hue, Insteon, Lutron, Vera, SmartThings, WeMo, Nest, Dropcam, Logitech, Foscam, and any RTSP camera.
Choose a Simple Service subscription level based on number of devices controlled:
3 Devices — Control up to 3 devices: $1.99/month or $19.99/year
20 Devices – Control up to 20 devices: $2.99/month or $29.99/year
100 Devices – Control up to 100 devices: $4.99/month or $49.99/year
Subscriptions renew via iTunes Account at the selected interval unless auto-renew is disabled 24 hours before end of period. All subscriptions include:
• TV Guides: Personalized listings for 34 countries integrated with your set top to tune channels. Detailed episode, season, and cast information.
• Media Guides: Content guides for Sonos, iTunes, Apple TV, VLC, Kodi, Plex, Kaleidescape
• DVR Guides: DVR control for DISH, TiVo, and DirecTV
• Simple Control for Apple watchOS 2
• Simple Control Widget
• Backup/Restore to Simple Service, Dropbox, or Simple Hub
• iBeacon Proximity Actions
• iBeacon Automatic Room Detection
• Clocks and Time/Timer based activity execution
• One-Click Backup
Requires separate Simple Hub purchase:
• Simple Hub Control of macOS
• Remote Access
• Amazon Echo Voice Control
All in-app purchases from prior releases of the software function as originally defined. This edition of the app does not offer multiple home support, user permissions, invites, and does not integrate Simple Hub as a background service.
What's New in Version 4.5.4
* Fixed Oppo Blu-ray Player feedback via IP.
* Fixed Denon HEOS discovery and source selection issues from firmware update.
* Fixed Plex Media Player sometimes not providing feedback.
* Fixed saving triggers to activate immediately.
* Fixed DIAL-related device discovery problem.
* Various additional fixes.
* Updated for Simple Hub 4.5 compatibility.
* Pairing and synchronization improvements.
All Simple Control and Simple Hub instances in your environment must be updated to 4.5 with this release. Environments using a version less than 4.5 will be ignored and vice versa. Note the Simple Hub version number is now the same as the corresponding Simple Control release.
Reminds me of Comcast
Ever feel taken? I invested over $400 dollars into this system tens of hours in setting things up then on top of that they ask me for an annual subscription. So I paid it thinking there is no going back now after the $400 I invested. I've been emailing text support for over two weeks now with a similar answer of "have you rebooted your router" which is unacceptable for the amount of money I have invested into this company. They don't even have a phone number to call someone to walk me through a situation that turns out to be a bug with their over the air channels which I found out two weeks later. Changing the subject one of their executives said that google should have purchased them for 3 billion instead of Nest. I will say you actually have to be a good company that takes care of their customers in addition to having a product that works for a company to even be remotely interested. I laughed out loud when I read that comment. Please take my word for it this is a money munching pathetic waste of money and time. Don't do it the $9.99 isn't even close to what you will pay.
Good App - Punishes Paying Users
App has always been good, new features are nice (thou WatchOS2 app does not work well anymore).
Problem is the new update punishes users who already paid for a yearly subscription. If you already paid for yearly service (Roomie Service) the only way to get the new features is to get another new subscription plan (Simple Service) (for $20/yr), thus needing to pay for two yearly subscription plans at the same time. According to support a upgrade path is in the works but may take weeks. Thus asking the question, why do this new subscription system if you did not have the upgrade path ready for your current paying customers. Thus all they care about is more money and those who paid already pretty much saying, "Thank you for being loyal, we do not care
about you as you already paid us. So pay more."
Good A/V Controller... But they need to fire some people running the company...
This product goes back and forth from 5 stars when it first came out, to 1 star when they "upgraded" it to a subscription basis and made everyone pay again, to 3 stars when they addressed some of those concerns and offered some functionality back to those who originally bought this as a one-time purchase, to 2 stars in its recent incarnation where they removed the text with icons capability and partially destroyed what was a working interface and in addition made the bone-headed move to toss years of branding and a fairly positive user impression out the window and replace it for a very generic rebrand & redesign. They have good programmers, but terrible leadership & planning.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Sep 26, 2016
- Version: 4.5.4
- Size: 96.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish
- Seller: Roomie Remote, Inc
- © 2016 Roomie Remote, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Roomie Service Subscription$1.99
- Roomie Service Subscription$16.99
- Simple Service – 20 Devices$2.99
- Simple Service – 3 Devices$1.99
- 10 Device Pack$19.99
- Roomie Service Subscription$9.99
- Simple Service – 20 Devices$29.99
- Simple Service – 3 Devices$19.99
- Simple Service – 100 Devices$4.99
- 10 Device Pack$19.99