Simple Control System – Smart Home Remote
By Roomie Remote, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This Simple Control System app requires purchase of a Simple Control System product (Models SCBR110 or SCBR130) and otherwise has no functionality. Simple Control System is available from leading Audio Video resellers or can be purchased inside the app. The standard edition of Simple Control System is a separate app called Simple Control Home.
Simple Control System provides universal control of home theater and home automation, using Wi-Fi to control thousands of devices like TVs, cable and satellite boxes, receivers, Blu-ray players, lights, thermostats, and many more smart home devices.
• IP Control + Auto-Discovery: World class control directly via Wi-Fi for thousands of devices including AppleTV, Fire TV, DISH, Sonos, TiVo, Nest, Kodi, Plex, DirecTV, Roku – automatically discovered on your network.
• Gesture Remote: Intuitive gestures let you control your remote without looking down.
• Virtual Remote: A single remote for all of your devices, automatically optimized with all commands from your original remotes and additional commands to make everything work together.
• Unmatched Compatibility: Over 280,000 commands for IP, Infrared, and even Serial devices.
• iTunes: Includes Airplay control, position scrubbing, album art, volume, and more.
• Sonos: Runs your entire Sonos system. Group/regroup speakers, setup automatic regroupings and control Sonos services.
• Synchronization: Run on as many iPhones/iPads as you like – your configuration will automatically sync in real time.
• Macros+Automation: Sequence precise control over your devices.
• Customization: Remotes can be customized with your own buttons, graphics, and commands.
• IP Receivers: Displays volume, power, and many other aspects of popular receivers from Yamaha, Denon, Onkyo, Marantz, and more. Integration with receiver streaming services.
• IP TV/Projectors: Sony, Sharp, Panasonic, Samsung, JVC, LG.
• IP Lighting, Thermostats, Cameras: Honeywell, Hue, Insteon, Lutron, Vera, SmartThings, WeMo, Nest, Dropcam, Logitech, and any RTSP video camera.
Simple System purchase includes Simple Service 100:
• Control up to 100 devices.
• TV Guides: Personalized listings for 34 countries integrated with your set top box to tune channels. Detailed episode, season, and cast information.
• Media Guides: Content guides for Sonos, iTunes, Apple TV, VLC, Kodi, Plex, Kaleidescape
• DVR Guides: DVR control for DISH, TiVo, and DirecTV
• Simple Control for Apple watchOS 2
• Simple Control Today Widget
• iBeacon Proximity Actions and Room Detection
• Automatic Room Switching based on location.
• Clocks and Time/Timer based activity execution
• One-Click Backup
• Backup/Restore to Simple Service or Simple Sync
• Remote Access (Requires Simple Hub)
• Amazon Echo Voice Control (Requires Simple Hub)
• Control of macOS (Requires Simple Hub for Mac)
Simple System purchase also includes a Simple Hub and Multihome License:
• Licenses Simple Hub on any supported platform
• Multiple Home/Location Support (Requires Simple Hub at each Location)
• User Permissions
What's New in Version 4.5.6
* Simple Hub now ignores any cloud outages.
* Fixed some widget synchronization issues.
* Fixed editing the wrong activity after moving an activity.
* Fixed sending keyboard commands to Simple Hub for macOS.
* Various additional fixes.
* Fixed Oppo Blu-ray Player feedback via IP.
* Fixed Denon HEOS discovery and source selection issues from firmware update.
* Fixed Plex Media Player sometimes not providing feedback.
* Fixed Amazon Fire TV Reverse and Forward buttons.
* Fixed saving triggers to activate immediately.
* Fixed DIAL-related device discovery problem.
* Clarified user interface for activating iOS Simple Hub mode.
* Various additional fixes.
Introducing Location Sharing, Multiple Home Management, and Permissions! Requires Multihome license which is automatically included as part of all Simple Control System licenses (Models SCBR110 or SCBR130).
Introducing Simple Hub for iOS! Simple Control System can now become a Simple Hub running locally on a dedicated iOS device.
* Added support for Sony CIS-IP v2 devices: These include the STR DN-1070 and other soundbar/BD type devices.
* Bose SoundTouch: Automatic discovery, control, and media feedback for Bose SoundTouch speaker products.
Additional New Features:
* Run from Simple Hub: Activities may now be executed by Simple Hub rather than your iOS device. For instance, initiating a particularly long running Activity on an iOS device may not complete if the device were locked partway through the execution. Marking an Activity to Run from Simple Hub ensures the Activity will always complete.
* Blaster Firmware Updates: Both Simple Blaster and Roomie Blaster units now integrate firmware updates directly from the app.
* Nest support has been revamped. To take advantage of new NestCam and other Nest related functionality including a streamlined pairing process, add the Nest Automation device as a new device.
* NestCam now provides animated images for NestCam events and launches the Nest app to a specific event when tapped. NestCam animated images automatically update whenever motion is detected on the camera.
* Nest Protect may now be used as a Trigger device.
* Simple Control System now provides Dropbox Backup and Restore.
* Updated for Simple Hub 4.5 compatibility.
* Pairing and synchronization improvements.
Please see the User's Guide for more information on the new Simple Multihome and Simple Hub for iOS features.
All Simple Control and Simple Hub instances in your environment must be updated to 4.5 with this release. Environments using a version less than 4.5 will be ignored and vice versa. Note the Simple Hub version number is now the same as the corresponding Simple Control release.
Really easy to use and one quarter the price of other comparable Smart Home systems. Love the built in TV Guides!
Best app of its kind!
I recently read an article in the magazine, Dwell, regarding the state of home automation. In the article, the author described automation's wonderful advancements. His only real complaint was that there were so many individual systems but no single app that can control them all. I'm shocked that he's not aware of the capabilities of Simple Control!! To my knowledge, Simple Control can interact with more automation systems and individual components and handle more protocols than any other system out there!
I've been using Simple Control since it was Roomie Remote. The company has taken it from a very capable system to world-class. It's not perfect. But, neither is Crestron, Control 4, Savant, or AMX. Crestron is still the standard. Part of their dominance is that they have a vast number of proprietary hardware options. In my opinion, that's also what sort of limits them.
Simple Control can scale from a decent $150 system to a half-million dollar system, with ease. I've read complaints from other users. I think their issues stem from the fact that they have the wrong expectations of the platform. Though it's much simpler to setup and program than Crestron, it still requires a fair bit of knowledge and planning to get the most out of it. General consumers can do the basics, but a well educated integrator can set it up to make it comparable in most ways to the more expensive and established players.
In my modest opinion, Simple Control is the best affordable automation system, by far, and and many ways, rivals the big boys!!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 04, 2016
- Version: 4.5.6
- Size: 91.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish
- Seller: Roomie Remote, Inc
- © 2016 Roomie Remote, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Simple System$229.99