Explore the playful side of physics!
Experiment with levers, pulleys, inclined planes, wedges, wheel and axles, and screws. Discover the invisible forces at work. Alter and test machines to destroy a castle, make music, send satellites into orbit, and more!
“I just love how apps like these get kids genuinely excited about science." — COOL MOM TECH
*** App Store Editor's Choice ***
*** Parents’ Choice Gold Award winner ***
Simple Machines is No. 4 in Tinybop’s Explorer’s Library. Each Explorer’s Library app lets kids explore the invisible and awesome wonders of STEM. Kids (and kids at heart!) develop foundational science literacy.
* Explore 6 simple machines: levers, pulleys, inclined planes, wedges, wheel and axles, and screws.
* Experiment with real world physics.
* Alter each machine.
* Learn about force and motion, actions and reactions, inputs and outputs, conservation of energy, mechanical advantages, and tradeoffs.
* Sophisticated sound design rewards experimentation.
* Original artwork by James Gilleard.
* Learn new vocabulary in 40+ languages with interactive labels.
* Intuitive, safe, and kid-friendly design.
* Entertaining for kids and adults alike — play and learn together!
* Get free activity sheets at tinybop.com.
Our expert-reviewed handbook is full of facts, interaction hints, and discussion questions to support learning in this app, in the classroom or at home. Download in your app or at: http://tinybop.com/handbooks.
We take your and your child’s privacy seriously. We do not collect or share personal information about your child. We do not allow any third-party advertising.
When the camera, microphone, and other services are used within an app, your information is not collected or distributed outside of the app.
Tinybop, Inc. is a Brooklyn-based studio of designers, engineers, and artists. We make toys for tomorrow. We’re all over the internet.
Visit us: www.tinybop.com
Follow us: twitter.com/tinybop
Like us: facebook.com/tinybop
Peek behind the scenes: instagram.com/tinybop
We love hearing your stories! If you have ideas, or something isn’t working as you expect it to, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Psst! It's not Tiny Bop, or Tiny Bob, or Tiny Pop. It's Tinybop. :)
Ratings and Reviews
Made with Tinybop’s usual charm and polish, Simple Machines distills difficult ideas into fun hands-on lessons. Spin giant screws, crack open icy boulders, and use levers to bombard cartoon castles—all while learning about real-world physics.
NOT GOOD boring do not buy this game
So boring you can’t even build in this game
Developer Response ,
We are so sorry to hear you are not enjoying this app. If you have any suggestions for how we can improve please email us at email@example.com .
I need to play with it more but I'm not sure what it is I'm supposed to be learning? Graphics are nice, however....
Developer Response ,
Hi! Have you discovered the handbook? The handbook explains lots of the app's interactions and will help guide you. You can access the handbook in the parent dashboard of the app or here: https://tinybop.com/assets/handbooks/simple-machines/Tinybop-EL4-Simple-Machines-Handbook-EN.pdf. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
- Tinybop Inc.
- 463.4 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Haitian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin, Latvian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Tibetan, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Uighur, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Tinybop Inc., 2017
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.