Simple Machines by Tinybop
By Tinybop Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Explore the playful side of physics!
“I just love how apps like these get kids genuinely excited about science." — COOL MOM TECH
Experiment with levers, pulleys, inclined planes, levers, pulleys, inclined planes, wedges, wheel and axles, and screws. Discover how they work and investigate the invisible forces behind them in this sandbox app. Destroy a castle, make music, send satellites into orbit & more!
*** App Store Editor's Choice ***
*** Parents’ Choice Gold Award winner ***
Simple Machines integrates with STEM curriculum: kids can alter and test each machine to learn about force and motion, actions and reactions, inputs and outputs, conservation of energy, mechanical advantages, and tradeoffs. Get free activity sheets at tinybop.com.
Simple Machines is No. 4 in Tinybop’s Explorer’s Library series, designed for curious kids ages 4+ to dive deep into big ideas. The apps in this series have won Best of the App Store, App Store Editors’ Choice, Parents’ Choice, and Children's Technology Review Editor’s Choice awards.
* Explore 6 simple machines: levers, pulleys, inclined planes, wedges, wheel and axles, and screws.
* Experiment with real world physics, actions and reactions, inputs and outputs. Learn about force and motion.
* Investigate the physics at work behind each machine.
* Sophisticated sound design rewards experimentation.
* Original artwork by James Gilleard.
* Smart features use your device’s camera to bring your kids’ world into the app.
* Learn new vocabulary in 40+ languages with interactive labels.
* Intuitive, safe, and kid-friendly design.
* Entertaining for kids and adults alike.
Our expert-reviewed handbook is full of facts, interaction hints, and discussion questions to support learning in this app, in the classroom or at home. Download in your app or at: http://tinybop.com/handbooks.
We take your and your child’s privacy very seriously. We do not collect or share personal information about your child, nor do we allow any third-party advertising.
When the camera, microphone, and other services are used within an app, your information is neither collected nor distributed outside of the app.
Tinybop, Inc. is a Brooklyn-based studio of designers, engineers, and artists. We make toys for tomorrow. We’re all over the internet.
Visit us: www.tinybop.com
Follow us: twitter.com/tinybop
Like us: facebook.com/tinybop
Peek behind the scenes: instagram.com/tinybop
We love hearing your stories! If you have ideas, or something isn’t working as you expect it to, please contact us: email@example.com.
Compatible with iPhone 5, 5s, 5c, 6, 6 Plus, iPod touch (5th generation), iPad 2, 3, mini, and Air. **This app is optimized for iPad 2 and iPhone 5 or higher. Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
psst! It's not Tiny Bop, or Tiny Bob, or Tiny Pop. It's Tinybop.
What's New in Version 1.0.8
When you start thinking about it, simple machines are everywhere! Thanks for making learning fun
Wonderfully imagined and intuitive way to teach youngsters about physics. Bravo!!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 15, 2016
- Version: 1.0.8
- Size: 463 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Haitian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin, Latvian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Tibetan, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Uighur, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Seller: Tinybop Inc.
- © Tinybop Inc., 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.