Stop hunting for your mouse!
Computers with multiple high resolution displays present us with the "where is my mouse" problem. Simple Mouse Locator reveals the mouse position via a momentary or permanent locator.
• Momentary mouse locator is a visual effect active up to few seconds. It can be an animated or static ring.
• Permanent mouse locator is a static ring only.
The tool is highly customizable: geometry, transparency, animation speed, hotkeys, mouse gesture, events.
- Hotkey combination.
- Single modifier key.
- Mouse gesture.
- Mouse movement between screens.
- Mouse movement after a period of inactivity.
- Colors and opacity.
- Predefined sample colors.
- Size and thickness.
- Animated or static.
- Animation speed and repetition.
- Momentary or permanent.
• General features:
- Locator is visible on all monitors and in full screen.
- Customizable hotkeys.
- Application menu in menu bar extras can be shown or hidden.
- Can start automatically at user login.
- Common Preferences panel for all settings.
- Support multiple users, screens and desktops.
- Built on Apple's security paradigm sandboxing - reducing the threat of rogue code and malware.
- When the app is running, no icon is shown in the Dock. The basic control is through a menu in menu bar extras.
- Simple Mouse Locator neither changes the shape of mouse pointer nor hides it.
- Simple Mouse Locator is designed for maximum simplicity. If you prefer more features please consider myPoint Light.
- By default Mouse Locator is tuned as momentary animated ring and can be shown or hidden by some events. More settings are available in Locator Center.
- If you have an inquiry or need a help to tune up our app, please drop us a line at email@example.com. We will reply in 24 hours.
Fixes in mouse tracking and preferences panel.
Ratings and Reviews
A True Game Changer
This is one of those things that should be native to any Mac, but nice to have someone fill the gap. I do a lot of work in Pro Tools (audio workstation), which has a gray background with vertical grid lines, perfect for rendering the selection cursor invisible, a constant aggravation. Also, I use three monitors: two are 27”, the third one being a 65” Samsung for video production. When I move the cursor into that 3rd screen, it gets hard to see across the room. Not anymore!
This app is a game changer for my overall workflow. Nice work!
Just what I was looking for
I have my Macbook Pro attached to a 4K monitor. I have the worst time going back and forth and sometimes just get totally lost on the 4K display. The Apple mouse shake is pretty lame for finding the cursor. This is WAY better - very obvious and very quick.
Finally, a mouse shaker that works!
I've tried others in the store, and this one has the fastest response time on my iMac with two external Dell monitors on the sides. Does what it's suppposed to!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.