By On-Core Software LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Welcome to SimpleFTP, the easy to use FTP & SFTP (Secure FTP) client for the Apple Macintosh®. SimpleFTP runs on Mac OS X® 10.6 or higher. SimpleFTP is a file transfer product, modeled on the RFC 959 File Transfer Protocol (FTP) Internet standard, that emphasizes simplicity and ease of use.
SimpleFTP features include:
- Multi-threaded -- you can have an unlimited number of simultaneous connections to different servers.
- File transfer resume of uploads and downloads (if supported by the server).
- Seamless multi file and folder transfers and deletion.
- Bookmarks for easy access to commonly used servers.
- Drag & Drop support. Transferring files is as easy as dragging a file or folder!
- Supports the most popular UNIX®, Microsoft Windows®, IBM OS/2® and Apple Macintosh® FTP/SFTP servers.
- Supports regular FTP, FTP over TLS and Secure FTP.
- Smart Synchronization, including Upload only or Download only modes.
- 32 and 64 bit compatible.
What's New in Version 4.2
- Fixed file chooser not opening when trying to download or upload.
- Properly handle NetBSD's FTPD message of the day.
Every developer should be this dedicated
I have used SimpleFTP for a long time. I forget what I used in the mid-90's, but it was crude. Still, it sufficed for a long time. Eventually, it was rendered obsolete by OSX, as I recall. That's when I found Simple FTP. Never a glitch for many years. I'd transfer bookmark and prefs folders from one computer to the other, etc., and it always did exactly what I wanted, which was to provide a simple, stable, intuitive FTP interface.
So, when I decided to upgrade to version 4 not too long ago, via the App store, I expected more of the same rock solid performance. And I got it - except for one odd glitch with one of my servers. I won't go into the gory details, but it made me nuts. I emailed these folks, thinking it was another snowball thrown into a black hole.
I was pleasantly surprised to get a reply within a day. They analyzed what I told them and actually fixed the problem. Then, they told me that it would be bundled into the next version. That alone made me like them. Here, finally, was a company that cared about its customers. I was double pleased to have just gotten an email a short time ago, telling me that the new version was out! Now, THAT'S service. I just updated and, sure enough, it does work perfectly.
Thanks again! Great FTP software and a great company.