SimpleMind Pro+ Intuitive Mind Mapping
By xpt Software & Consulting B.V.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Mind mapping helps you organize your thoughts, remember things and generate new ideas. We've created a beautiful, intuitive app, so you can mind map wherever you are and whenever you want.
SimpleMind is designed to synchronize your Mind Maps across platforms. For example (as a separate purchase) for Mac - http://www.simpleapps.eu/simplemind/download
• Easy to use.
• Continuously fine-tuned based on customer feedback.
• Trustworthy and reliable: 7 years of updates and improvements.
• Used in a wide range of applications: business, education, legal and medical.
• Unique free layout or different auto layouts.
• Seamless synchronization using Dropbox.
• Add media and documents.
• Share Mind Maps.
• Change and customize the appearance.
• Tools to help you maintain overview.
○ place topics anywhere you want in the free layout
○ or use one of the different auto layouts (great for brainstorming)
○ virtually unlimited page size and number of elements
○ supports multiple Mind Maps on one page
○ start with an image at the center of the Mind Map
○ reorganize and restructure using drag, rotate, re-arrange or reconnect
○ use single select or multiple select
○ use checkboxes, auto-numbering
○ link any two topics with a crosslink
○ label relations
• Seamless synchronization using Dropbox
○ sync your Mind Maps with other devices using Dropbox as a conduit
○ avoid data loss by recovering deleted Mind Maps
○ restore previous versions of a Mind Map
○ Dropbox stores deleted files and file versions for at least 30 days
• Add media and documents
○ voice memos
○ icons (stock or custom)
○ links (navigation or hyperlink)
• Share your Mind Map
○ for example as PDF or Image
○ outline, can be imported in word processors
○ import/export as Freemind or opml
○ use the presentation mode to show your Mind Map to others
• Change and customize the appearance
○ apply our pre-defined style sheets
○ pick colors from the style color palette or choose custom colors
○ change the appearance of topics and lines
○ customize background color
• Maintain overview
○ collapse and expand branches
○ hide or show branches or topics
○ highlight branches by displaying branch borders
○ organize your Mind Maps in folders
What's New in Version 1.14
Split view support
Outliner - replacing "Reorder topics" view
Angled relation paths
Adjustable relation paths - drag to adjust the path
New build-in style sheet: Chart (angled paths + arrows)
Style sheet editor: create new style sheets or customize the build-in style sheets
Bug fixed that made Cross links appear initially as a straight line
I am a new user and, consequently, haven't had a chance to really put this app through its paces. However, here are some initial likes and dislikes:
1) Available and interoperable on multiple platforms. I can move between my Windows desktop version and my iPhone and iPad apps.
2) Basic mind maps appear to be pretty simple to set up and to export.
1) Not all cloud storage options are available on all platforms. For example, my Microsoft OneDrive is available on the Windows desktop version, but not on my iOS apps. As a result, I have had to keep SimpleMind files on DropBox, away from the rest of my workflows.
2) The app doesn't seem to like to just open, without opening one of the existing mind map files. I wish there was a landing or home screen that would open to allow me to select which file to work on.
I'll amend this review as I gain more experience with the application.
I really enjoy using this for brainstorming or mind mapping.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 18, 2016
- Version: 1.14
- Size: 7.8 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: xpt Software & Consulting B.V.
- © 2008-2016 SimpleApps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.