SimpleMind+ (mind mapping)
By xpt Software & Consulting B.V.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Mind mapping tool that turns your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch into a brainstorming, idea collection and thought structuring device.
• Easy to use - drag, arrange and edit topics on the Mind Map page.
• Tap or drag Node Well to add new Topics.
• Undo/Redo in the editor - full Undo capabilities make editing and experimenting easy.
• Word wrap tool allows easy adjusting of topic width.
• Reconnect topics using drag drop, aided by topic auto-layout.
• Cut, Copy, Paste - move or duplicate topics between Mind Maps.
• Apply visual styles - change colors, borders and lines for maximum presentation impact.
• Large Mind Map support - unlimited page size.
• Exchange your Mind Maps with SimpleMind Desktop for OS X/Windows.
• Universal version: user interfaces natively designed for iPad and iPhone/iPod.
(Available through In-App purchase)
• Cross Links - use Node Well to add Cross Links between any two topics.
• Pick colors from style color palette or choose custom colors.
• Insert Images or Photos in topics.
• Assign a predefined Stock Icon to a topic.
• Hyperlink topics to other Mind Maps for easy navigation between (sub) Maps.
• Add links to web pages.
• Collapse/Expand (Hide/Show) branches to maintain overview in large Mind Maps.
• Re-layout branches for selected topic.
• Auto numbering - inside or below topic.
• Multiple Maps on single page.
• Create new (linked) MindMap from selection.
• Search in Mind Maps on Title or Topics.
• Organize your Mind Maps in Folders.
Sync your Mind Maps:
• Store your mind maps in the cloud and synchronize them between devices via Dropbox.
Share your Ideas:
• Air Print Mind Maps.
• Email your Mind Map via standard Mail app - attach in PDF document, PNG image, Html outline, Text outline, and/or Freemind/opml formats.
• Export to Dropbox in PDF, PNG, Html outline, Text outline, freemind or opml format.
• Share Mind Maps as JPEG image via the Camera Roll.
• SimpleMind Desktop is available from the AppStore - http://www.simpleapps.eu/simplemind/desktop
What's New in Version 1.8.0
Support for inserting snippets of plain text into the mind map.
Each visible item in the mind map has a style and can be customized (e.g. colors, font)
Preset styles, either built-in or user created.
Support for clickable checkboxes inside topics.
With a few small tweaks, its a 5 star app
I use this to outline legal briefs and arguments -- "nonliner" outlining. Basically I have a core theme or argument, each section or paragraph grows out of it. Optimal organization is not always apparent until you have everything outlined and can see cross-topic connections, and I find linear thinking impedes my ability to help an un-familiar audience to make all the connections from top to bottom. It is great for what I use it for, with a few exceptions:
1) like other reviewers, I would like to grab a sub-topic and have the (child) sub-sub topics that are connected to the "parent" topic move as well, maintaining their relative position. I build from the core out and so I want to be able to expand the outline more easily.
2) I would like to be able to add multiple separate notes to one topic; I want to attach what will become specific citations that support a proposition, without cluttering the map with a load of child topics.
3) along those lines, the small square that indicates a note is attached is a bit too small and easy to overlook.
4) the export attachment it uses cannot be opened by normal easily available software. Not sure why its not a .pdf (or maybe it is and I missed a setting?)
Anyway, overall, the name fits the app -- its simple, easy to use, and nearly finished.
Don't change this app! Works great the way it is. One of the best Mind Map programs there is. Simple to use, exports to iPad and desktop and back like a breeze. Easy to use, modify and save. I use to outline initial interviews, projects, and anything that has multiple topics and/or items I don't want to forget while drafting an outline. Once I have mind mapped everything I can think of, I can create a project list or to do list for a project or task. And this does the mapping flawlessly.
For The Visual Learner
Taking notes has never done me justice. Sure, I still write things down, but I don't necessarily absorb anything that way. I love looking at charts and graphs. For the subjects I'm using this app for, this is how I learn. I've been playing with it for a little while now, and I love it. It's very user-friendly, and there are no major bugs. Definitely a thumbs up!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 28, 2013
- Version: 1.8.0
- Size: 5.6 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese
- Seller: xpt Software & Consulting B.V.
- © 2009-2013 SimpleApps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- upgrade to full version$4.99