SimpleMind+ (mind mapping)
By xpt Software & Consulting B.V.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Mind mapping tool that turns your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch into a brainstorming, idea collection and thought structuring device.
• Easy to use - drag, arrange and edit topics on the Mind Map page.
• Tap or drag Node Well to add new Topics.
• Undo/Redo in the editor - full Undo capabilities make editing and experimenting easy.
• Word wrap tool allows easy adjusting of topic width.
• Reconnect topics using drag drop, aided by topic auto-layout.
• Cut, Copy, Paste - move or duplicate topics between Mind Maps.
• Apply visual styles - change colors, borders and lines for maximum presentation impact.
• Large Mind Map support - unlimited page size.
• Exchange your Mind Maps with SimpleMind Desktop for OS X/Windows.
• Universal version: user interfaces natively designed for iPad and iPhone/iPod.
(Available through In-App purchase)
• Cross Links - use Node Well to add Cross Links between any two topics.
• Pick colors from style color palette or choose custom colors.
• Insert Images or Photos in topics.
• Assign a predefined Stock Icon to a topic.
• Hyperlink topics to other Mind Maps for easy navigation between (sub) Maps.
• Add links to web pages.
• Collapse/Expand (Hide/Show) branches to maintain overview in large Mind Maps.
• Re-layout branches for selected topic.
• Auto numbering - inside or below topic.
• Multiple Maps on single page.
• Create new (linked) MindMap from selection.
• Search in Mind Maps on Title or Topics.
• Organize your Mind Maps in Folders.
Sync your Mind Maps:
• Store your mind maps in the cloud and synchronize them between devices via Dropbox.
Share your Ideas:
• Air Print Mind Maps.
• Email your Mind Map via standard Mail app - attach in PDF document, PNG image, Html outline, Text outline, and/or Freemind/opml formats.
• Export to Dropbox in PDF, PNG, Html outline, Text outline, freemind or opml format.
• Share Mind Maps as JPEG image via the Camera Roll.
• SimpleMind Desktop is available from the AppStore - http://www.simpleapps.eu/simplemind/desktop
What's New in Version 1.8.0
Support for inserting snippets of plain text into the mind map.
Each visible item in the mind map has a style and can be customized (e.g. colors, font)
Preset styles, either built-in or user created.
Support for clickable checkboxes inside topics.
With a few small tweaks, its a 5 star app
I use this to outline legal briefs and arguments -- "nonliner" outlining. Basically I have a core theme or argument, each section or paragraph grows out of it. Optimal organization is not always apparent until you have everything outlined and can see cross-topic connections, and I find linear thinking impedes my ability to help an un-familiar audience to make all the connections from top to bottom. It is great for what I use it for, with a few exceptions:
1) like other reviewers, I would like to grab a sub-topic and have the (child) sub-sub topics that are connected to the "parent" topic move as well, maintaining their relative position. I build from the core out and so I want to be able to expand the outline more easily.
2) I would like to be able to add multiple separate notes to one topic; I want to attach what will become specific citations that support a proposition, without cluttering the map with a load of child topics.
3) along those lines, the small square that indicates a note is attached is a bit too small and easy to overlook.
4) the export attachment it uses cannot be opened by normal easily available software. Not sure why its not a .pdf (or maybe it is and I missed a setting?)
Anyway, overall, the name fits the app -- its simple, easy to use, and nearly finished.
For The Visual Learner
Taking notes has never done me justice. Sure, I still write things down, but I don't necessarily absorb anything that way. I love looking at charts and graphs. For the subjects I'm using this app for, this is how I learn. I've been playing with it for a little while now, and I love it. It's very user-friendly, and there are no major bugs. Definitely a thumbs up!
This App helps me keep all the balls in the air. I am responsible for my law practice, family of 5, small equestrian farm and a very social calendar. This App helps me organize my ideas for each component of our lives. Love it!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 28, 2013
- Version: 1.8.0
- Size: 5.6 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese
- Seller: xpt Software & Consulting B.V.
- © 2009-2013 SimpleApps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- upgrade to full version$4.99