Mind mapping helps you organize your thoughts, remember things and generate new ideas. We've created a beautiful, intuitive app, so you can mind map wherever you are and whenever you want.
SimpleMind is designed to synchronize your Mind Maps across platforms. For example (as a separate purchase) for iPad/iPhone - https://simplemind.eu/download/full-edition/
• Easy to use.
• Continuously fine-tuned based on customer feedback.
• Trustworthy and reliable: 7 years of updates and improvements.
• Used in a wide range of applications: business, education, legal and medical.
• Unique free layout or different auto layouts.
• Seamless synchronization using Dropbox, Google Drive or your own Nextcloud based server.
• Add media and documents.
• Share Mind Maps.
• Change and customize the appearance.
• Tools to help you maintain overview.
○ place topics anywhere you want in the free layout
○ or use one of the different auto layouts (great for brainstorming)
○ virtually unlimited page size and number of elements
○ supports multiple Mind Maps on one page
○ start with an image at the center of the Mind Map
○ reorganize and restructure using drag, rotate, re-arrange or reconnect
○ use single select or multiple select
○ use checkboxes, auto-numbering
○ link any two topics with a crosslink
○ label relations
• Seamless synchronization using Dropbox, Nextcloud or Google Drive
○ sync your Mind Maps with other devices using Dropbox, Nextcloud or Google Drive as a conduit
○ avoid data loss by recovering deleted Mind Maps
○ restore previous versions of a Mind Map
○ Dropbox stores deleted files and file versions for at least 30 days
• Add media and documents
○ voice memos
○ icons (stock or custom)
○ links (navigation or hyperlink)
• Share your Mind Map
○ for example as PDF or Image
○ outline, can be imported in word processors
○ import/export as Freemind or opml
○ use the presentation mode to show your Mind Map to others
• Change and customize the appearance
○ apply our pre-defined style sheets
○ pick colors from the style color palette or choose custom colors
○ change the appearance of topics and lines
○ customize background color
• Maintain overview
○ collapse and expand branches
○ hide or show branches or topics
○ highlight branches by displaying branch borders
○ organize your Mind Maps in folders
• Improved display in Image Preview.
• Adjustable font size in note panel (context menu)
• Removed options for shadow support in mind maps
• Keyboard shortcuts for subscript Ctrl+= and superscript Shift+Ctrl+=
• Bug fixed in Export Outline scope radio buttons
• Bug fix for Nextcloud servers that have path at the end of the server url
Ratings and Reviews
Saved My Life!!!
This program has saved my life. I have been sitting for hours trying to organize my projects to such extent that my wife has found me at the kitchen table, glassy-eyes, staring into nothingness, notepads and paper strewn about me. Then she said: “maybe there’s an app for that,” reminding me of why I married her. Sure enough, I stumbled across this life-altering program and it has simply saved my life. No need to read instructions, it is completely intuitive. I played with it for exactly 5 minutes and knew exactly how everything worked. It is now 12:42 AM and I love this app so much I felt compelled to stay up and write this review. For anyone who is having difficulty organizing projects of any kind, this application is the best thing in the world. Fpr me, the best part is for each topic, or “block” on the branch, you can write notes on what is needed. This is a complete visual view of your projects, organized in the way that fits you and your needs. Whoever made this program thank you so much.
Most wonderful Mindmap/Outline app for students, researchers and writers.
I have been using this software for last 3 years and have found it to be very useful for following reasons:
-Ability to drag files from computer and link to a topic on mind map. Although this feature is limited to software purchased directly from developer.
-Ability to link files from Dropbox and GDrive.
-Ability to export mind map in Checklist/outline/text format for writing prompts in word file.
-Ability to create linked mind maps makes it extremely easy to create multiple and uncluttered maps and navigate between theses mind maps [Suggestion: create a detached Central theme, insert back icon and link it back to parent mind map]
-Availability of iOS and Windows apps
-Multiple layout, styles and color options. Try the snap option- very helpful w/ freeform layout.
-Never crashed and receives regular updates and new features.
-Relatively cheap for all the features it offers.
-Awesome customer support (Reason for investing time on this review after 3 years). Contacted them 3-4 times over years and always received a clear and non-generic answer. Linda was extremely helpful.
Strongly recommended if you are looking to buy a software for GTD + organization of thoughts and documents.
Great of Entrepreneurs, visionaries, and simple planning
This app has been such a great tool! I’m a Entrepreneur, visionary, I have lots of ideas, and most of the time they are complex. This App allows me to put every crazy idea down that pops into my head in it’s full complexity. It makes planning and organizing complex and simple projects very easy. It’s excellent for Brainstorming. Also, I’ve been using it as a coloborating tool with my business parter and he loves it also. It has a very mild learning curve so it’s complex enough to be useful and customizable but not hard enough to feel like a complex program. Do yourself a favor and buy the Pro version. It has more features and it will be with you for the rest of your iTunes life. It’s an investment into yourself. It’s not a game you will be tired of.
- ModelMaker Tools BV
- 4.9 MB
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009-2018, ModelMaker Tools BV
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.