Mind mapping helps you organize your thoughts, remember things and generate new ideas. We've created a beautiful, intuitive app, so you can mind map wherever you are and whenever you want.
SimpleMind is designed to synchronize your Mind Maps across platforms. For example (as a separate purchase) for iPad/iPhone - https://simplemind.eu/download/full-edition/
• Easy to use.
• Continuously fine-tuned based on customer feedback.
• Trustworthy and reliable: 7 years of updates and improvements.
• Used in a wide range of applications: business, education, legal and medical.
• Unique free layout or different auto layouts.
• Seamless synchronization using Dropbox, Google Drive or your own Nextcloud based server.
• Add media and documents.
• Share Mind Maps.
• Change and customize the appearance.
• Tools to help you maintain overview.
○ place topics anywhere you want in the free layout
○ or use one of the different auto layouts (great for brainstorming)
○ virtually unlimited page size and number of elements
○ supports multiple Mind Maps on one page
○ start with an image at the center of the Mind Map
○ reorganize and restructure using drag, rotate, re-arrange or reconnect
○ use single select or multiple select
○ use checkboxes, auto-numbering
○ link any two topics with a crosslink
○ label relations
• Seamless synchronization using Dropbox, Nextcloud or Google Drive
○ sync your Mind Maps with other devices using Dropbox, Nextcloud or Google Drive as a conduit
○ avoid data loss by recovering deleted Mind Maps
○ restore previous versions of a Mind Map
○ Dropbox stores deleted files and file versions for at least 30 days
• Add media and documents
○ voice memos
○ icons (stock or custom)
○ links (navigation or hyperlink)
• Share your Mind Map
○ for example as PDF or Image
○ outline, can be imported in word processors
○ import/export as Freemind or opml
○ use the presentation mode to show your Mind Map to others
• Change and customize the appearance
○ apply our pre-defined style sheets
○ pick colors from the style color palette or choose custom colors
○ change the appearance of topics and lines
○ customize background color
• Maintain overview
○ collapse and expand branches
○ hide or show branches or topics
○ highlight branches by displaying branch borders
○ organize your Mind Maps in folders
• v1.21.1 Fix for Google Drive sign in problem
• Open multiple Mind Maps with “View | Open in New Window”. Shortcut Cmd+O
• Crosslinks can be used to make a summary or merge paths.
• Nextcloud support added. Use your own Nextcloud based cloud server to synchronize mind maps across devices.
• 坚果云 – Nutstore cloud support added. Use this Chinese cloud service to synchronize mind maps across devices.
• Manually toggle the crosslink style via the relation toolbar to style as “normal” hierarchy or crosslink.
• Maximum image thumbnail size increased to 480 pixels.
• Press Alt-key to force scrolling rather than moving elements. This can be used when an image leaves no empty space to scroll.
• Allows Drag-Drop on collapsed topics.
• Hide Inspector Cmd+0 replaces Toggle Inspector Cmd+Shift+I.
• Animated scrolling (outliner, search, spell check etc).
• Working around Dropbox time outs when synchronizing.
Ratings and Reviews
Saved My Life!!!
This program has saved my life. I have been sitting for hours trying to organize my projects to such extent that my wife has found me at the kitchen table, glassy-eyes, staring into nothingness, notepads and paper strewn about me. Then she said: “maybe there’s an app for that,” reminding me of why I married her. Sure enough, I stumbled across this life-altering program and it has simply saved my life. No need to read instructions, it is completely intuitive. I played with it for exactly 5 minutes and knew exactly how everything worked. It is now 12:42 AM and I love this app so much I felt compelled to stay up and write this review. For anyone who is having difficulty organizing projects of any kind, this application is the best thing in the world. Fpr me, the best part is for each topic, or “block” on the branch, you can write notes on what is needed. This is a complete visual view of your projects, organized in the way that fits you and your needs. Whoever made this program thank you so much.
Most wonderful Mindmap/Outline app for students, researchers and writers.
I have been using this software for last 3 years and have found it to be very useful for following reasons:
-Ability to drag files from computer and link to a topic on mind map. Although this feature is limited to software purchased directly from developer.
-Ability to link files from Dropbox and GDrive.
-Ability to export mind map in Checklist/outline/text format for writing prompts in word file.
-Ability to create linked mind maps makes it extremely easy to create multiple and uncluttered maps and navigate between theses mind maps [Suggestion: create a detached Central theme, insert back icon and link it back to parent mind map]
-Availability of iOS and Windows apps
-Multiple layout, styles and color options. Try the snap option- very helpful w/ freeform layout.
-Never crashed and receives regular updates and new features.
-Relatively cheap for all the features it offers.
-Awesome customer support (Reason for investing time on this review after 3 years). Contacted them 3-4 times over years and always received a clear and non-generic answer. Linda was extremely helpful.
Strongly recommended if you are looking to buy a software for GTD + organization of thoughts and documents.
Tried many and got the Pro here
I am not sure any mind mapping tool will satisfy every need. When you use paper and map there are no rules therefore it always meets the need. Of course, there are many disadvantages as well. I use mind maps to quickly capture ideas. Sometimes they come from meetings I am in, research I am doing online which might not have a structure to begin with. Then the ease of moving the collected items into a logical structure is made very easy with SimpleMind. I use the Dropbox sync and this was a major key for me going Pro as I move between a desktop and notebook very often. I wanted to be able to work wherever it makes sense. So far, this has been a real pleasure to work with.
- ModelMaker Tools BV
- 4.9 MB
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009-2018, ModelMaker Tools BV
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.