This App is a TOR powered proxy to keep your privacy in Internet. SimpleTOR is a graphical user interface to manage an embebed TOR socks proxy that lets you access the internet privately and anonymously.
** Remember to open "Advanced controls" at first run to configure your proxy settings.
- Your Internet access is tunneled over the TOR network, and websites do not see your real public IP address.
- Access the Internet through encrypted gateways routing through nodes across the globe through the TOR network.
- All your software that supports socks proxy can use it; for example, Safari.
- Access websites on the "deep web" of anonymous .onion web sites, only accessible in the Tor network. (Note: Access .onion web sites doesn't work on Safari 10 and above).
- With "Location" network feature of your system, you can quickly toggle between TOR proxy and your normal internet connection.
- Status bar App.
Keep your data privacy!
You can get more information about The TOR Project at https://www.torproject.org
* Important Notes (Disclaimers):
- Internet speed through the TOR anonymization network is much slower than through a non-tunneled connection.
- SimpleTOR uses the TOR distributed networks that is produced independently from the TOR(r) anonymity software and carries no guarantee from The TOR Project about quality, suitability or anything else.
- TOR proxy does not function in China, Iran, and other locations that actively block TOR with DPI (Deep Packet Inspection) technology. Internet providers who use such filtering and censorship technology may also prevent it from working.
- SimpleTOR is only a graphical user interface and it doesn't have any relation with The TOR Project.
* Special thanks to Ángela García Jiménez for helping design creation.
* If you like it, please, rate it; and if you find any issue, please, contact us.
- TOR engine updated to version 0.3.1.7.
- Improvements for macOS High Sierra.
Ratings and Reviews
Works. Definitely. One issue, but overall great.
Menubar toggle doesn’t work as advertised (at least I can’t figure it out…). It simply turns the socks proxy on / off, but doesn’t toggle your location, which is really what you need.
Other than that, it definitely works & is great.
Hats off to the developer.
Bought XustoAnony Version 1.3, installed it on my iMac. Their installation instrutions were pretty good. I am no network genius, but I was able to follow their clear instructions to set up my SOCKS proxy. Then, when I attempted to open XustoAnony, nothing happened. Nada. Zilch. So, I sent a message to their support desk requesting help, waited a week, but no response yet. Alas.
- Jose Antonio Jimenez Campos
- 7.3 MB
- OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2015 José A. Jiménez Campos
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.