Simplex Spelling Phonics - Advanced Phonograms
By Pyxwise Software Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Simplex Spelling is one of the best ways to improve English spelling and reading skills. Using a powerful combination of phonics lessons, spelling/word patterns, syllabication, our unique “reverse phonics” (phonics encoding) approach and contextually relevant spelling rules.
Teaching over a year of spelling curriculum with more than 750 high frequency words divided into 52 lists that are organized by spelling patterns and difficulty levels. Each of the 52 lists comes with a lesson that teaches one of the basic building blocks of spelling in the English language.
Our spelling lists focus on some of the highest frequency words in the English language to help students establish a base foundation of literacy and confidence with spelling and reading.
The Simplex Spelling educational methodology has been validated by an academic study that showed an average spelling improvement of 1.9 grades among children in a classroom setting who regularly used it over a 18 week period.
Students learn a new concept for each lesson building on the skills learned from previous lessons and those covered in Simplex Spelling Phonics 1 & 2. Simplex Spelling Phonics Advanced Phonograms guides the student and acts as a personal spelling coach with every word, while teaching students "how to spell" English words. Every word is broken down into its syllables both visually and auditorily to help students build phonological awareness skills. Our “reverse phonics” hint feature breaks each word down further into individual phonemes to improve phonemic awareness, a critical skill in achieving literacy.
Simplex Spelling Advanced Phonograms focuses on some of the more difficult phonograms in the English language in addition to lessons covering contractions and the capitalization of proper nouns.
Recommended age 9+
Note: You can not create your own spelling lists.
- Over 750 high frequency spelling words to help build literacy.
- Words are spoken and used in a sentence to establish context and improve vocabulary.
- Introductory spelling list seamlessly leads a student through all of the application’s features.
- 52 instructional lessons teach phonics, phonograms, spelling rules, contractions and the capitalization of proper nouns.
- A full “reverse phonics” approach that builds phonemic awareness.
- Contextually relevant spelling rule hints that help explain “how to spell” English words.
- Letter by letter feedback system provides feedback while the student is in the process of spelling each word.
- Support for 40 user accounts.
- Remembers each user’s progress in every list.
- User stats screen track progress with every word.
- Export and email progress reports.
- Ability to set the number of times a word must be spelled correctly to become mastered.
- Supports upper and lower case letters.
- Supports alphabetic and QWERTY keyboard layouts.
- Supports US, UK and Canadian English spelling of words.
Please check the word lists provided on www.pyxwise.com to ensure that the word lists provided in Simplex Spelling meet your educational needs.
- Advanced Phonograms has previously been featured by Apple as New & Noteworthy in 20 countries.
- "Best Educational App of 2014" - Balefire Labs.
-iTeach: Apps For The Classroom - "I was immediately in awe of the design and educational thought that has gone into this product."
-Teachers With Apps - Certified Developer
- Academics' Choice Award.
KNOW WHAT'S INSIDE
As a MOMs with Apps member, we follow the
"Know what's inside" best practices for kids' apps
- Does not contain 3rd party ads
- Does not share any data
- Does not contain In-App purchases
- Does not link to social media
- Contains in app links to view a safe enclosed version of the developer's website for additional information, support and teaching tips.
- Contains link to developer email support and to rate the app.
COPPA Compliant http://www.pyxwise.com/privacypolicy.html
What's New in Version 3.0.1
Major update includes:
- New assessment/placement mode helps determine the most appropriate starting list for each student.
- New randomly generated review/test sessions to help evaluate learning outcomes.
- Automatic data tracking and graphing progress during the new assessment & review modes.
- New spelling lists that cover the 'ough' letter combination.
If you have any suggestions, please send us your feedback to email@example.com.
If you have found that Simplex Spelling has helped your student/child, please take the time to leave a review.
We really appreciate your feedback. :)
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Feb 25, 2016
- Version: 3.0.1
- Size: 134 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Pyxwise Software Inc.
- © 2013 Pyxwise Software Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.