Simplex Spelling Phonics - Rhyming With CVC Words
By Pyxwise Software Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
- Earned a spot as one of the "Best Five Phonics Apps" by Teachers With Apps.
Simplex Spelling CVC Words teaches rhyming, segmenting and blending of over 300 three letter CVC (consonant-vowel-consonant) words covering all five short vowel sounds. The concepts taught are aligned with many of the US Common Core Standards for Foundational Skills in Reading for Kindergarten.
Children will learn phonics and the primary letter sounds and letter names for the alphabet while building the phonemic awareness skills that are critical for becoming a fluent speller and reader. Simplex Spelling Phonics improves English spelling and reading skills in a fun and interactive way by combining a unique “reverse phonics” approach with contextually relevant spelling rules that explain why words are spelled in a particular manner. It works like a personal spelling coach with every word.
Recommended for ages 4+.
Note: You can not create your own spelling lists in Simplex Spelling Phonics - Rhyming With CVC Words.
- Over 300 three letter CVC words covering all five short vowel sounds (e.g. cat, sat, pig, wig, log, bog, bug, rug, get, set).
- Words are spoken and used in a sentence to establish context.
- Introduction seamlessly leads a student through the application’s features by providing spoken information while having the student spell new words.
- The keyboard can be customized to speak either the primary phoneme for each letter , or the letter's name as it is typed.
- Powerful phonics hint feature sounds out each word by phonemes from left to right to aid with blending and phonemic awareness skills.
- The hint feature also provides a mapping of all the possible graphemes that can represent each sound.
- Word lists are organized by onsets, rhymes and medial vowels to allow students to understand and spell new words by changing only a single sound from other words in the same list.
- Contextually relevant spelling rule hints that help explain “how to spell” English words.
- Unique letter by letter feedback system that provides immediate feedback.
- Guaranteed success on every word.
- Support for up to 40 user accounts.
- Export and email student progress reports.
- User stats screen that allows you to see words that have been mastered and words that require further practice.
- Remembers each user’s position and progress.
- Supports both upper and lower case letters.
- Supports both alphabetic and QWERTY keyboard layouts.
- Supports both US, UK and Canadian English spelling.
- Does not contain 3rd party ads
- Does not share any data
- Does not contain In-App purchases
- Does not link to social media
- Contains in app links to view a safe enclosed version of the developer's website for additional information, support and teaching tips.
- Contains child protected links to "email the developer questions" and rate the app
What's New in Version 2.5.2
Updated for full native 64 bit support.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please send us your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have found that Simplex Spelling has helped your student/child, please take the time to leave a review.
We really appreciate your feedback. :)
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 18, 2015
- Version: 2.5.2
- Size: 112 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Pyxwise Software Inc.
- © 2013 Pyxwise Software Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.