The award-winning mini player that allows you to see and control your music.
Simplify shows you what‘s currently playing in your favourite music app whether it's a desktop or even a web-based player. Control the player without leaving your current app! Simplify offers:
• Controlling players playback and adjust sound volume,
• Free iPhone app companion to control your players remotely,
• High-quality album art right on your desktop,
• Customizable global shortcuts,
• Sharing tracks to Facebook or Twitter
• Integration with Last.fm
• ”Now playing” notifications.
Simplify supports the following desktop players:
• iTunes, including Apple Music and iTunes Radio,
• Spotify (Spotify Premium isn't required),
…and these web-based players:
• Google Music
What others have said:
“Simplify is a really nice way to keep an eye on and get control over all your media players at once“ — LifeHacker.com
“Simplify is a very, well, simple way to control Spotify without looking at its main window, while getting a beautiful artwork widget on your desktop at the same time“ — MacStories.net
• Fixed support of web-based players, so Pandora, Deezer, VK, and others get back into the game!
• Fixed Spotify artworks. You'll see!
• Some other under the hood improvements and fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
It’s a solid app, but I noticed something troubling last week. Simplify was hogging up a ludicrous 3.5GB of memory. Since upon restart the app consumes only 54MB of memory (and I had been running the app for a long period of time prior to restart), I think there’s a memory leak somewhere. This needs to be addressed by the developers; otherwise, I have to babysit it and make sure to restart it when it starts hogging resources again. I hope this gets resolved soon.
Update: over the course of a few hours, its memory usage has risen from 54MB -> 93MB. There’s definitely a serious memory leak at play. This needs to be fixed ASAP.
Could Get Five Stars...
I gave it 4 only because the CPU usage when idle is higher than it should be. It’s a useful app and when they update it, gives you extra control and creature comforts for all your audio streaming needs.
Needs a “launch at login option"
Then you’d get five stars
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.