Simplify for Spotify, Rdio, iTunes, Vox music players
By Maxim Melnikov
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Simplify is the simplest way to control your music.
Do you always listen to the music through Spotify, iTunes, Vox or Rdio? Or do you use Pandora, Deezer or even Vkontakte to listen to your music? Tired of switching to the player? Install Simplify and know what's playing, switch and seek tracks, control sound volume with our easy to use application. Simplify is the best music controller, and it allows you to concentrate on your work, internet browsing, documents editing without interruptions.
Stop yourself from constantly switching to player window or Safari/Chrome tab to find out the current track album art, it will always be on your desktop.
Your desktop is always filled with windows and documents? Don't worry, you can assign keyboard shortcuts for almost every action: playback toggle, track changes, sound volume levels.
• Be careful:
Simplify is a music controller. You need to open your favourite player and start playing music in order to use Simplify. Simplify doesn't play music, Simplify controls it.
• Key features of the application:
- Album cover and track title always on your desktop;
- Use our Player Switcher to easily switch between multiple players, pause them and resume instanty, control their volume with a single shortcut;
- Powerful downloadable Preference Pane lets you use media keys to control your players (even web-players) using Simplify, launch Simplify with players of your choose and close Simplify when no players are launched;
- Download our free browser extension for Safari/Chrome to control web players like SoundCloud, Pandora, Deezer and Vkontakte. Create support for your own web players and we will include it into our browser extensions;
- Cute mini-player attached to menu bar or detached to be wherever you want it to be on your desktop (can be shown with a customizable keyboard shortcut) to control sound volume, switch tracks, seek tracks, shuffle tracks, toggle playback;
- Customizable global shortcuts to control sound volume, switch tracks, rewind tracks, toggle playback, and toggle mini-player;
- Control Spotify, Rdio, Vox and iTunes and even web-based players on any Mac in your local network: switch&seek tracks, control volume and see what's playing on your Mac remotely:
- Simplify may be automatically launched when Spotify, iTunes or Rdio starts;
- Current song title in menu bar;
- Easily share tracks to Facebook and Twitter right from Simplify;
- Scrobble to Last.fm from iTunes, Rdio or Spotify or any web player that doesn't support scrobbling.
• What Others Have Said:
"Simplify is a really nice way to keep an eye on and get control over all your media players at once." — Lifehacker.com
"Simplify is a very, well, simple way to control Spotify without looking at its main window, while getting a beautiful artwork widget on your desktop at the same time." — MacStories.net
What's New in Version 3.2
- Simplify doesn't crash anymore when Spotify.app 1.0.1+ or SpotifyBeta.app is launched. All users launching new Spotify are notified about the possible work-around for the issue;
- Added Snowflake support;
- Simplify doesn't deactivate any other application when you want to use its Mini-player using the menu-bar or the keyboard shortcut anymore;
- Track names aren't being cut anymore;
- Mini-player's shadow size has been reduced. Mini-player's shadow region is transparent and doesn't accept mouse clicks (previously you could activate the mini-player if your mouse was too close to the mini-player's bounding box);
- Detatched mini-player now has correct size;
- Menu-bar font is increased;
- Mini-player performance has been optimised;
- Reduced overall memory usage;
This application is great, but won’t sync up with the actual place in the song that I’m listening to. It just starts at 0:01 when I open it, even in the middle of a song. Please fix!
Current version is broken, this seemed to happen around a few weeks ago.
Album Art Wont Show up
This app used to work amazingly, now the album art wont show up in any of the themes. Needs urgent fix. What use is a music controller that wont show artwork.