Simplify for Spotify, Rdio, iTunes, Vox music players
By Maxim Melnikov
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Simplify is the simplest way to control your music.
Do you always listen to the music through Spotify, iTunes, Vox or Rdio? Or do you use Pandora, Deezer or even Vkontakte to listen to your music? Tired of switching to the player? Install Simplify and know what's playing, switch and seek tracks, control sound volume with our easy to use application. Simplify is the best music controller, and it allows you to concentrate on your work, internet browsing, documents editing without interruptions.
Stop yourself from constantly switching to player window or Safari/Chrome tab to find out the current track album art, it will always be on your desktop.
Your desktop is always filled with windows and documents? Don't worry, you can assign keyboard shortcuts for almost every action: playback toggle, track changes, sound volume levels.
• Be careful:
Simplify is a music controller. You need to open your favourite player and start playing music in order to use Simplify. Simplify doesn't play music, Simplify controls it.
• Key features of the application:
- Album cover and track title always on your desktop;
- Use our Player Switcher to easily switch between multiple players, pause them and resume instanty, control their volume with a single shortcut;
- Powerful downloadable Preference Pane lets you use media keys to control your players (even web-players) using Simplify, launch Simplify with players of your choose and close Simplify when no players are launched;
- Download our free browser extension for Safari/Chrome to control web players like SoundCloud, Pandora, Deezer and Vkontakte. Create support for your own web players and we will include it into our browser extensions;
- Cute mini-player attached to menu bar or detached to be wherever you want it to be on your desktop (can be shown with a customizable keyboard shortcut) to control sound volume, switch tracks, seek tracks, shuffle tracks, toggle playback;
- Customizable global shortcuts to control sound volume, switch tracks, rewind tracks, toggle playback, and toggle mini-player;
- Control Spotify, Rdio, Vox and iTunes and even web-based players on any Mac in your local network: switch&seek tracks, control volume and see what's playing on your Mac remotely:
- Simplify may be automatically launched when Spotify, iTunes or Rdio starts;
- Current song title in menu bar;
- Easily share tracks to Facebook and Twitter right from Simplify;
- Scrobble to Last.fm from iTunes, Rdio or Spotify or any web player that doesn't support scrobbling.
• What Others Have Said:
"Simplify is a really nice way to keep an eye on and get control over all your media players at once." — Lifehacker.com
"Simplify is a very, well, simple way to control Spotify without looking at its main window, while getting a beautiful artwork widget on your desktop at the same time." — MacStories.net
What's New in Version 3.2.1
- Fixed Spotify covers being updated correctly using their Web API (track seeking still not working due to bug in their own API);
- Fixed issues with Rdio;
- Fixed crashes on Lion and Mountain Lion.
- Fixed issues with jackets sometimes not being displayed correctly.
Spotify now fixed with Simplify
I have used Simplify for many years. And, I previously wrote a review, noting that it was no longer showing album art when used with Spotify. The fix WAS to re-install an older version of Spotify - which I have done, over and over, for months now, just to be able to use Simplify. Had to do this, because Spotify automatically upgrades on each reboot of my Mac.
With this new update of Simplify, album artwork is successfully showing, even when used with the newest release of Spotify. Thank you!!