Simply Photography. Simply B&W.
An easy and simple way to turn your color shots into dramatic black and white photos. Explore tone, brightness and contrast to re-visualize your images on your iOS device.
Also introducing an integrated workflow with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Creative Cloud.
Learn to look in monochrome and develop your own interpretation of reality.
Try SimplyB&W Today!
* Select from 6 different colored lens filters to enhance certain colors and shades in a photo.
* One-touch edits to your images with presets with the option to create and save your own.
* Adjust the brightness and contrast of the image.
* Choose from border options.
* Add simulated film grain.
* Add black or white vignetting.
* Preserve EXIF and Geolocation data.
* Outputs images in full resolution.
* Integrated workflow with Adobe Creative Cloud
What App Reviewers say:
"With minimal fuss, Simply B&W quickly creates rich, great looking black and white photos."
"This sleek and simple app provides a minimalistic user interface that is intuitive and filled with plenty of powerful features. It also stays out of the way so that the focus is all on your images rather than the app itself. Weve been enjoying making classy black-and-white photos with SimplyB&W over the past few days. If you feel like seeing the world through black-and-white, then you need to give SimplyB&W a try for yourself."
"This well-designed, capable app provides just what you need to create stunning, classic black-and-white photos on your iPhone"
"If you want to make beautiful black and whites with one app, then Simply B&W is the only app you will ever need"
"Given the overabundance of black and white converters in the App Store, Simply B&W can easily go unnoticed. As a matter of fact, although I am mostly devoted to black and white photography, I had overlooked this app myself. However, as far as the value of Simply B&W is concerned, I am quite sure iPhone black and white enthusiasts will enjoy this app quite a bit"
"In a few words: app creation of black and white as simple and elegant, Simply B & W produces natural results and well balanced. An excellent choice of its kind!"
#9 in the Top 25 iPhone Photo Apps for Parents of 2011
"This app provides helpful advice on which filter to choose and easily has the best image quality of any other app of its kind. It also has a magical power to make a wild, screaming child look serious, astute, and brooding..."
"The beauty of this app is the simplicity. You just choose from one of the five color filters, and then tweak brightness/contrast"
"Simply B&W is definitely a simple to use app that is very capable of producing some really nice black and white images, either directly from the camera itself, or existing photos. Whilst it doesn't offer the features found in some of the more advanced black and white apps, what it does offer, it does well"
Updates in version 2.0.1
- Fixed contrast fidelity in full output images
- The black vignette blends a bit better now
- Layout fixes on home screen for iPhone 4S, 5 and 5S
What's New in version 2.0
- Extend your workflow with Adobe Creative Cloud integration
- A new simpler, user interface that supports all device orientations
- Introducing new filters 'Polarizer' and 'Infra Red'
- All new presets simulating some well known B&W film types
- Performance Enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
One of my faves!
This is a very simple yet powerful monochrome conversion app. I use it for most of my B&W images. One of the things I like best is that it doesn't degrade the file size of the images. In most cases it makes it larger. Nice job!
Not overly complicated. Effective filter implantation. I found myself recreating a style I used as a film-based B&W photographer. I am able to "pull" a full tonal range with ease! I'm in love with photography again!
Still great but needs RAW support
Pretty overdue for an update. Would be very sad to see it abandoned.
Working on updates now - it’s s sideline for me at the moment but making the time for this
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.