Singlemizer: The Duplicate Finder
By Konstantin Pavlikhin
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Bring order to file chaos on your Mac today, use Singlemizer to remove unnecessary file duplicates.
• Minimalist UI
Simple and lightweight UI doesn't distract with inappropriate animations and visual noise.
• External Drives Support
Scan internal and external HDDs, removable USB drives and even network directories on a remote Macs.
• Folders Priorities
Priorities help to determine which file from the group of found duplicates should be considered original.
• Efficient Scan Algorithm
Fast and precise detection of duplicates utilizing file's contents via cryptographic digest function.
• Progressive Results
Duplicates are listed as soon as they are identified. All copies of a particular file arrive simultaneously.
• Duplicate Folders Detection
Detecting duplicate folders makes a list of scan results much more compact.
• Duplicates' Filtering
Filter duplicates' list by filename and switch file type metagroups.
• Duplicates' Sorting
Sort duplicates' list by numerous criterias, such as wasted space or redundant copies count.
• Instant Quick Look Preview
Files from the results' list can be instantly previewed via Finder-like Quick Look function.
• One Click Duplicates' Selection
Select a couple of duplicates and click on the checkbox in front of any file to check all entries in the selection.
• Safe Duplicates' Removal
Original files are always left untouched. You can't remove the most important, last copies of data.
• Linking Duplicates to the Original Item
Power user?! Replace duplicates with aliases, symbolic links or hardlinks. All kinds at your service.
What's New in Version 4.7.0
• complete redesign to the new Yosemite visual style
• a new built-in Quick Look preview of a duplicate items
• display of a scan progress information in a popover window
• the app now calculates the amount of a total freed storage
• numerous internal improvements
• all known bugs are caught, new bugs put in
Does what it says with some limitations
I compared two demo versions of utilities to remove duplicate files/folders. I chose this one because …
* I can clearly see all of the folders that are going to be scanned in the opening input panel (and could not in the other app)
* The panel to do the selections can be reduced in size, which is critical on a small screen (even on a 15 in MBP, the other app over-dominated the screen real estate)
* The selection method clearly prevents you from removing all “duplicate" copies of a folder or file
Both this app and the other one I demoed missed certain duplicate files and did not collect comparable file sets properly in their folders first. I would suggest therefore not to make a decision only on this criteria. I also did not test on photos or music libraries, only on Finder-level folders, and in those cases YMMV. Documentation for help is sparse if non-existent for this app. It took a while to understand the “priority ranking” method of arranging folders on the input panel (suggestion — give a cleaner presentation of this info in the input panel). Whether you want also to eliminate empty folders behind trashing files or instead want to make alias or links to trashed files may make a break-point in your decision process. A nicer method to do “side-by-side” nested comparisons of the contents in folder structures would be useful, as would a method to tag folders (ie attach a Finder tag — “cleaned”) where files have been removed (for later review and post-processing at the Finder level). In any case, this app, with it minimalist UI and clearer up-front selection of folders to scan, won my votes.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 01, 2014
- Version: 4.7.0
- Size: 3.3 MB
- Languages: English, Russian
- Seller: Konstantin Pavlikhin
- © 2014 Konstantin Pavlikhin
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor