Every weekday Sip surfaces the most interest and important tech stories of the day, from breaking news to profiles about on favorite tech products.
Sip is built by Product Hunt and its awesome community.
You can not mark all Sips as Read using the button in the top left corner!
Ratings and Reviews
Best format for consuming news out today.
There are tons of apps, e-mail subscriptions, feed-builders, and so on available at our disposal today, all essentially claiming that they “make news more ‘snackable’ since no one has time to sit and read the news in long form.” I’m paraphrasing, but that’s essentially the pitch. Well, I’ve tried many of the options out there (TheSkimm, Morning Brew, The Hustle, Smart News, just to name a few) and Sip here does it the best, IMHO.
For me...all those other services, despite their claims, STILL write too much. Because they expound upon every current event in their delivery, even in short paragraph form, it’s often when I find myself not even being able to finish half of the downloads they send every morning before work. Most of the time, those emails get deleted or buried or filed away and never touched again. And those apps never get opened.
Sip does it how it should be done across ALL areas of interest (not just tech) by only giving a single sentence, giving the user the option to tap through and read further if and only if that sentence is of interest. And then, taking it a step further, they break summaries of the articles down into bite-sized sentences with only one sentence on a page at a time. Because of this format, I now find myself checking Sip every day WANTING to read the latest.
Keep up the great work, gang. You’re setting a good example for the others.
Delicious sip of tech news!
The Sip app is great for tech news and even better is they listen to userfeedback. I recently requested to be able to choose which individual stories to read instead of tapping thru all. They've updated the app already to do that! Thanks!!!
More features I’d like to see:
• Swipe down to close stories
• Option to have one summary notification of all new stories (like it used to be), instead of a notification for every new story. It’s too much now. I liked Sip cuz it wasn’t obtrusive or annoying.
• Ability to jump to different pages in a story — sometimes I accidentally close a story, but want to revisit a page near the end. There’s currently no way to go back without tapping thru the entire story again.
• Sometimes the Tweets in the stories repeat the same info I just read on previous pages. Please don’t waste my time with redundant pages :)
Sip changed its model and now it's just a mediocre news app
Sip was great because it gave me one concise stack of news to read at 5pm everyday after work. As advertised. Which separated it from every other news site out there.
But apparently this model was abandoned, as I now receive 3-4 notifications during the work day, and each notification is for ONE piece of news and had ONE ENTIRE stack for each. Gone is how seamless Sip used to be: just open it up once at 5pm after I get the notification, then just tap through the stack and catch up.
If I wanted a conventional news app, I'd use one, or I'd look at my own Twitter feed. Sip lost all value to me with them changing their model.
- PRODUCT HUNT, INC.
- 18.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2018 Product Hunt
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.