By Paul Slocum
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"surprisingly powerful" - Wall Street Journal
used by DJ/producer Zedd! // works with Audiobus and iOS 7
Sir Sampleton is a sampling musical keyboard similar to Casio and Yamaha samplers from the 80s. The app allows you to record sounds through the microphone and then play them on dual piano keyboards accompanied by a rhythm machine. You'll be surprised at the lush, complex musical sounds that can be created with samples of your voice, musical instruments, and other noises. Samples can be looped, customized, saved, and emailed, and we offer free samples for download on our website.
Supports Audiobus, CoreMIDI, MIDI Mobilizer 1 and 2, and AKAI Synthstation 25. Works as a virtual instrument for Cubasis, Beatmaker 2, and Genome sequencer. Capable of sampling other apps and effects through Audiobus.
Sampleton applies a subtle stereo effects process to the audio giving it a fuller, warmer sound that you'd typically get from sampling a monaural microphone.
If you like my apps please leave ratings or reviews! For support email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Sample from the microphone and immediately play your sounds on dual keyboards
• Save and email sample packs to friends, or to yourself for backup/transfer
• Download free samples from our website
• Built-in beats and computer beat generator
• Adjust tuning, release, vibrato, sample time, and much more
• Record, add effects, and sample from other apps (requires Audiobus app)
• Put a different sample on each keyboard in dual-sample mode
• Multitouch with 18 voices for rich sound
• Automatic smart microphone level adjustment
• Supports all CoreMIDI devices, Line6 MIDI Mobilizer 1 and 2, and AKAI Synthstation 25
• Virtual MIDI for compatibility with Cubasis, Beatmaker 2, and Genome
• Multichannel MIDI mode places different samples on each MIDI channel, up to 24 samples
• Supports iRig external audio input adapter and iRig microphone
• Low latency
• Coming soon: Audio copy/paste, additional sample storage, and more!
TO SAMPLE: press the red button and speak into the microphone. It will sample for about 3 seconds.
TO PLAY A DRUM BEAT: press the drum icon button in the upper left to open the Rhythm Menu, and then select the beat you want to play. To change the tempo or beat volume, use the buttons on the right. Press the X to return to the keyboard.
TO GENERATE A RANDOM BEAT: press the drum icon button to open the Rhythm Menu, and then press the RANDOM button. To generate a new random beat, press the button again.
TO SAVE A SAMPLE: press the keyboard icon button in the upper left to open the Sounds Menu. Press SAVE and then choose one of the flashing numbered buttons. Your sample is then saved on that button. Press the X to return to the keyboard.
TO LOAD A SAMPLE: press the keyboard icon button in the upper left to open the Sounds Menu. Press the numbered button where you saved the sample. Press the X to return to the keyboard.
TO PREVIEW A SAVED SAMPLE: press and hold the numbered button in the Sounds Menu.
TO SAVE CHANGES TO A SAMPLE'S SOUND SETTINGS: press and hold the 'save' button in the Sounds Menu.
What's New in Version 3.1.0
- iOS 7 compatibility updates
- Audiobus update
- Minor bugfixes
Top Notch Sampler
I've been using samplers since the '90's, and this app is a powerful alternative to the expensive Dr. Sample type devices I used to use. The beauty lies in its simplicity and the ability to save lots of samples in the various banks. Fun for those that just want to mess around, or for those that Play music and wish to use it for something a little more serious.
Sampler w/ old school vibe
nice vintage-style sampler. The developer seems to support this app well. Looking forward to the upcoming features (audio copy/paste and expanded memory banks)
Great sk1 replacement
I use this app all the time for my music. nice simple interface. Coremidi support is nice too.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 11, 2013
- Version: 3.1.0
- Size: 17.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Paul Slocum
- © 2010 SOFTOFT TECHECH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.