Welcome to SiriusXM. Hear the best of the best anywhere you go. The widest, deepest variety of music. More sports than anywhere. The best entertainment coverage around. Every kind of comedy. And the most complete news coverage, period. Plus enjoy it all while easily discovering new channels and shows recommended for you based upon your listening preferences. Here’s what’s new:
* ForYou home page is filled with your favorite and recommended channels and shows.
* Easy ways to listen to live and past programs with “Jump Back In” and “Episodes You've Missed” carousels.
* Recommendations automatically update based on your listening preferences and history.
* A sneak peek at Howard Stern video
* Tabs for Music, Sports, News, Talk, and Howard providing easy access to channels and On Demand content
* Favorites page for quick access to your favorite channels, shows, and episodes.
* Mini Player to seamlessly browse content while listening to audio or watching video.
* Updated Now Playing page that displays related content, more from that channel, or additional On Demand episodes.
* The audio from a video will now continue to play when the app is backgrounded
* Autoplay for Audio & Video: Audio and video episodes will now automatically play the next episode from the same show or related content when the episode ends. You can manage Autoplay in Settings > Application Settings.
* Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Serve a 2nd vehicle for free, or use as a fix for an obstructed antenna
By purchasing the high end SiriusXM service for one satellite receiver, you get this excellent streaming capability as a free bonus. If you have a smartphone with a decent data plan, you don’t need to increase satellite charges by adding a subscription for the other vehicle(s). Get it for one, then use your phone to stream the web based service thru the Bluetooth or cable connection to the audio system in your additional vehicle(s). It’s a terrific bargain for me, as I have 2 cars and two RV’s, and I can get full channel service for all four with just one subscription. Also, for those with vehicles (like my truck camper) that have difficulty getting a clear usable obstruction-free sat signal for their partially shadowed antenna, you can subscribe to service for the vehicle radio, then when in conditions when your antenna isn’t reliable, switch to using your smartphone for streaming to that radio from the same sat account via cell service providers. Thanks SiriusXM for offering this excellent, flexible service at a fair package price!
No landscape mode; update horrible for RadioClassics
UPDATE: Thanks for adding the landscape mode back - although why on earth was it removed in the first place??? I have upgraded my rating from 1 star to 3 stars. What would give it one more star - display the times of the previously played RadioClassic shows. I have no idea what played when. You provide the option to listen to earlier shows, but the segments aren’t descriptive enough so I am having to go through all of them to find the show I want to listen to.
PREVIOUS REVIEW: As others have stated, not having the ability to view using landscape mode is very annoying. However, not nearly as annoying and useless as what the upgrade has done to the RadioClassics station. Before the update, I could see all the programs that played in the past 5 or 6 hours and select one of those shows - easily. Now —- you can’t see the time a previous show was played and have to guess which item it is in the viewable segments. Viewing all the segments is nearly impossible. No way to easily see and select earlier segments. The upgrade has made the RadioClassics stations impossible to navigate.
CarPlay buggy, no chrome cast support but good sound quality
So glad they recently added Apple CarPlay, however it’s very buggy. Many times favorites don’t load, recents may not load, or the car play screen is just blank. It does work better if you unlock your phone first, but who can do that if your driving and have your phone put down (it auto locks fairly quickly). What is wrong with SiriusXM not offering chromecast functionality? It seems this would be the easiest way to get SXM in your house. To be able to chrome cast SXM would be a great asset to listen at home when doing household work. Other than the very buggy CarPlay support and lack of Chromecast feature, the sound quality is far better than what you get on the actual satellite. You also have access to many more channels and on demand content. This is why I prefer to use the app via CarPlay instead of my cars built in XM tuner. My car only goes up to channels in the 200’s. The app has channels into the 700’s! I’m no longer missing out on Faction or the Emo Project, indie 1.0, or Rock Bar. If only CarPlay worked all the time, this would be a killer app.
- SIRIUS XM Radio Inc
- 207.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2018 Sirius XM Radio Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.