By REMS TA Center
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
SITE ASSESS is a free, comprehensive tool that allows school and district personnel to walk around a school building and grounds and examine its safety, security, accessibility, and emergency preparedness. This K-12 site assessment app generates a customized to-do list that may be used in the short term and long term to address facility improvements, prompts teams to share pertinent information with first responders, and contains relevant resources on several education facility and safety topics. The Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools (REMS) Technical Assistance (TA) Center, administered by the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Safe and Healthy Students, developed this secure mobile application to do the following:
- Provide critical information about potential threats and hazards in a school community, which will be used by school planning teams as they develop the school’s all-hazards emergency operations plan (EOP);
- Allow teams to add customized questions to the site assessment for their school, taking into account state and local requirements;
- Equip practitioners with information and knowledge about key fundamental site assessment topics, such as Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) and Universal Design; and
- Complement and support a school’s mitigation and prevention activities.
Neither the REMS TA Center nor the U.S. Department of Education will see, collect, or store any data users enter into SITE ASSESS, besides the basic contact information that is collected upon initial registration. Any and all information entered into the mobile application is stored on the mobile device and not on the REMS TA Center’s or U.S. Department of Education’s Website or server. As such, the U.S. Department of Education and the REMS TA Center are not responsible for any damages resulting from the loss or theft of that information. Please note that certain optional mobile application features may transmit data.
What's New in Version 1.1.8
Improves exported data file recognition from email attachments.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 22, 2017
- Version: 1.1.8
- Size: 35.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: REMS TA Center
- 2017 © United States Department of Education
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.