Sitster is a great app for parents. Sitster makes it quick and easy to arrange babysitting amongst a group of your trusted friends, using a points system so it’s free and fair.
Create a Sitster group and invite your friends to join. You can be a member of as many groups as you like (e.g. NCT friends, school parents, neighbours) and you only need 3 or more friends for each group.
You can choose how many points the members of your groups start with (we recommend at least 5). 1 point = 1 hour (or part hour) of babysitting. You use points when friends sit for you and you earn points when you sit for your friends (and feel really good about yourself for helping them out).
Sitster makes it quick and easy to request and schedule sits. And if you need a sitter but have run out of points or you’ve got a busy few months ahead and you know you won’t be able to return the favour Sitster gives you the option to pay in cash instead of points.
If you’re already in a babysitting group you’ll love this – no more spreadsheets, faffing about calling and emailing friends when you need a sitter or losing track of people’s points. And if you’re not already in a babysitting group this will change your life! Free babysitting, happy kids and happy friends.
Say goodbye to expensive babysitters and feeling awkward or guilty about asking friends to sit for you and say hello to more freedom and the warm glow of giving your friends a helping hand. Parents, we’re in this together - let’s give each other a break. Welcome to the Sitsterhood!
1. It's now much easier and quicker to invite your friends to join a Sitster group. You can search for contacts in your phone's contact list and choose whether to send them an invitation by email, SMS or via Facebook. Your friend will receive a message with a download link which will take them straight to the group.
As a result, the list of 'other sitster users' in the app's contacts section is no longer needed and has been removed.
2. Users can now change the number of starting points for group members when they create a Sitster group.
3. Users can now provide their friend with a reason for refusing a sitting request.
4. Sitters will now receive a notification 24hrs in advance of a sit to remind them of the scheduled sit.
5. The calendar view and Sitting Schedule have been improved.
6. At the end of a sit users can now adjust up or down the number of points to be transferred to their friend, if the sit was longer or shorter than originally planned.
Security improvement and GDPR compliance
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.