Skater - Skate Legendary Spots, Perfect Board Feel
By Frosch Media Pty. Ltd.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
IMPORTANT - Only For iPhone 4S and newer, iPod Touch 5th Gen, iPad 4 and up and iPad Mini and up.
Winner, Breakout Title of the Year - Ind13 Magazine
Nominee, Mobile Game of the Year - IGN
Nominee, Best Sports Game - Pocket Gamer
"Skater's innovative, creative controls are a diamond." - 148Apps.com
"Skater’s controls feel like they’re built from the ground up for touch, and are gratifyingly elegant." - IGN
All of Skateboarding In The Palm Of Your Hand
Designed by skaters for skaters, we teamed up with 20 of the most prominent brands in skating to create the game every skater has been waiting for:
Powerful And Intuitive Control
Use the touch screen to directly control your shoes and board. Controls have been carefully designed to highlight the things that are most fun and important in actual skating, with a strong focus on flow of tricks and runs.
Every Trick Is Possible
This is the first touch-based skating game to include the full range of street tricks. Jump from Ollie, Switch, Fakie and Nollie and perform all standard flip tricks; with the inclusion of body rotations you can even do tricks such as Front-Side Flips and Big Flips. With recent updates now including Late Flips, Reverts, Ghetto Birds, Impossibles, Dolphin Flips, Dragon Flips and Gazelles. Chain everything together with manuals, nose manuals and every kind of grind and slide.
Share And Discover Runs
Skater allows you to save your favourite trick runs and share them with the world. In turn, you get to discover and copy runs that other players have created – giving you access to an endless feed of new ideas to explore.
The Latest Gear – Already Included
Pick from the latest shoes and decks to skate with; DC Shoes, Revive, DGK, etnies, Emerica, éS, Foundation, Lakai, Toy Machine, Zero, Baker, Deathwish, Shake Junt, Amgrip, Spitfire, Thunder, Venture, Pig Wheels, Force and Bro Style – they are all already included in the game.
Real, Legendary Spots
The spots featured are El Toro, Carlsbad Gap, Hollywood High, Stoner Plaza, Camp Woodward, Love Park and The Berrics – with even more to come in future updates! Starting with architectural plans, height maps and photos we took on-site, every detail of these legendary spots has been faithfully recreated – down to the graffiti, street signs and even stickers on obstacles.
Skater Celebrates Style and Individuality
Knowing that different people see different things in a spot and skate it in their own unique way, Skater blurs the line between single and multiplayer experiences to enable social interaction unlike any other previous skating game. It’s like taking part in a the world’s biggest online skate session…
Go skate at some of the most famous spots in history with content from thousands of players from around the world – any time you want!
What's New in Version 1.6.10
Questions or feedback? Hit us up on email@example.com.
1.6.10 - Minor Update
- Trick Book changed to Tips and Tricks section with videos demonstrating all tricks
- Tips and demo videos available at key points in tutorial and through first level unlock
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
1.6.5 - Minor Update
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
1.6.4 - Minor Update
- Fix for server connection and loading issues
- Fix for LES lighting
1.6.2 - KTPlay Community Section and New Baker Decks!
- KTPlay community system
- New Baker decks, Stacked Floral Blue and Logo Splatter
1.6.0 - Major Update
- L.E.S. Coleman skatepark NYC
- New deck: Revive Tie Die logo deck, Force Comic Ledge 52mm wheels, Amgrip Revive Collab grip and Orion Super Death trucks
- Various bug fixes
1.5.3 - Minor Update
- Two new decks - Revive + Force Wheels + Amgrip
- Game Centre Achievements now included and accessible through the Player menu
- Fix for crash caused by video recording issue
- Fix for crash when loading broken runs or re-loading levels with broken runs in them
1.5.2 - Bug Fix Update
- Fix some loading screen crashes
- Fix some gameplay crashes related to video recording
- Fix for crash and issues when loading corrupted gear data
- User feedback flow simplified
1.5.1 - Minor Update
- Fix blue screen issue in gameplay
- Fix work-around for Game Centre login issues
- Fix menu open getting stuck and run saving issues
1.5.0 - Minor Update
- New DC's x2!! The new Trase S SE Tristan in a slick White / Green colorway and new Lynx Vulc S Cyril Jackson in a hella cool Black / Red. Seriously loving these new kicks =]...
- Removed several causes of lag and jitter in gameplay. Feeling very buttery on older devices like iPad Mini 1!
- Small fixes to faulty / missing textures and carlsbad level select graphic
- Improved sensitivities and settings for many of the game controls (shuv, flip, steering, push and more)
- Improved processing of touch inputs and consistency of control feel across different device models and types
- Flip is now controlled by swipe speed instead of swipe distance
- Fix for frozen Game Centre / stuck on loading screen issue
- Fix for run refresh getting stuck after first refresh
- Fix for trick icons in replay browser
- Fix drifting foot when spinning out of grinds
- Fix for crashes caused by device running out of disk space
1.4.9 - Minor Update
- New hand-crafted “Spot Challenge” runs made by the Skater team which will appear in the run browser feed until you’ve ‘completed’ a level and unlocked the next one
- Main menu button moved to absolute edge of screen to reduce accidental pressing
- “Challenges” page now called “Trick Book”
- Fix crashes related to running out of hard disk space
- Fix crash / stuck on startup affecting some players
- Fix occasional losing level and gear unlocks
- Fix buggy position of body rotation slider on iPads
1.4.8 - Minor Update
- Music button moved to main menu
- Main menu button moved to top of screen to avoid accidental press during play
- Music volume fixed for use with Music and other apps like Spotify. Distorted game sounds also fixed
- One infrequent crashing bug fixed
1.4.7 - Xmas Update!
- New level drop: MACBA
- New DC Evan Smith S pro model in black and gum / grey
- Control grind dismounts
- Some crashing bugs fixed
- Swiping one foot at a time for combined shuvit + flip tricks fixed and responsive again
- Laggy / skipping music tracks fixed
- Queuing of multiple music tracks, albums and playlists enabled
Read this before you buy
I skate on the daily so I decided to get a good skate game to play. I had a similar game that I liked very much but ended up doing everything on it so I wanted a new challenge.
Here's my first impression:
Great graphics, I mean really quality graphics for a mobile game. They make you do a long tutorial which I had to do twice because my game crashed in the middle of it. The controls were hard to get used to at first. I thought it would be like a virtual tech deck, but you use your thumbs to control the board which I thought was a little odd. I like being able to use company boards, but I wish you could change stuff like wheels and trucks, but you can only get pre picked decks. Not a big deal but just a thought. After playing for a while I did get bored, so this is where my title fits in with my review. This game is fun for awhile but gets dry after 15 minutes. I wish they changed up some options and made different game options that could spice up the gameplay. Sorry for writing a book but this game is NOT worth 5 dollars, at the most it's worth $2 for the lack of gameplay and crashes and lagging.
More skate spots and parks
It would be fun to have more legendary skate spots like... the leap of faith, hubba hideout, Wallenberg etc. and some skateparks like the Shredquarters braille skateboarding's warehouse, and x games street parks (x games 17, etc) and a mega park to skate at and it would be cool to make your own board by choosing a deck or make a custom graphic and grip tape from a picture like true skate choose your own trucks, and wheel color and choosing a deck width (7.75", 8", 8.125")... the wider the deck is the slower it turns and you need to flick harder...one last thing that would be cool is if you can skate with people with a Bluetooth or wifi connection another thing to improve is when I want to turn backside and do a frontside shove it it wants to do a backside Ollie and the board does not want to rotate the opposite direction and that would look so cool if you can do a shove it with a body varial turning the opposite direction I saw my cousin in real life pull one off and it looked cool he did a pop shove it frontside body varial
After playing this game for awhile now I've come across a bug that never allows my player score to increase or decrease. If I complete a run and win it shows my score increase but if I do that run again and win it shows the exact same thing. So if my score is 1000 and I win it goes up 1030 but if I do that mission again or any other mission and win it'll still show it goes up from 1000 to 1030 or whatever the run score can provide. Same for if I lose it'll show a decrease but it won't really decrease. It's been like this for some time. I love the game and I can still play but its just a very annoying thing for someone looking to increase their player score.