By Bohemian Coding
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Sketch: graphic design for a digital world. Powerful tools and an elegant interface, in a single award-winning package. Because making beautiful things should be a joy, not a burden.
Sketch supports multiple fills, borders and shadows per layer; has powerful non-destructive boolean operations; smart pixel alignment; and makes exporting a breeze with automatic slicing and multiple resolution export.
Vector tools and basic shapes are the foundation; whether you are designing icons, websites, interfaces or anything else. Combine these into complex shapes with non-destructive boolean operations, leaving you free to edit them in the future, then apply advanced layer style options like multiple shadows, fills, gradients, noise, blending, background blurring, and more.
Sketch doesn't just do shapes, of course. Imported images can be rotated, scaled, cropped and masked. The best-in-class text tool lets you add beautiful typography to your designs, using native font rendering, so you can be sure that text always looks 100% accurate!
Brand new to Sketch 3, Symbols allow you to reuse entire groups of content in multiple places in your design. Think of interface elements such as buttons, headers and footers. Change them once, and they update everywhere in your document.
Built for the Mac, Sketch supports OS X’s Versions and Auto Save, letting you focus on your work instead of hitting CMD+S. Keep your work safely in sync across multiple Mac computers with iCloud. And take Sketch full screen to maximise the size of your canvas.
All this power is deliciously baked into Sketch’s single-window interface. Everything is there, tucked away until you need it. A simple interface with powerful tools.
Now everything is possible.
-- Winner of an Apple Design Award and amongst the App Store's ‘Best of 2012 --
NEW IN VERSION 3:
- Symbols, for reusing elements in your design
- Text Styles and Layer Styles, redesigned and unified for a better experience
- Redesigned inspector, giving you quicker access to everything
- Automatic Slices, export layers directly, without needing to set up manual slices
- Export multiple resolutions from a single slice, at any scale
- Improved PDF, EPS and SVG importing and exporting
- Speed, bug fixes and polish all around
- Presentation Mode, go full screen and hide all controls, perfect for showing off designs
- Improved bitmap editing with Magic Wand, Crop, Invert and Vectorize tools
- Simple but powerful interface, built from the ground up for OS X
- Optimized for Retina and non-Retina displays
- Powerful styling: multiple shadows, multiple fills, gradients, blending, blur, noise and more...
- Flexible boolean operations to combine simple shapes into complex shapes
- Artboards and Slices for exporting multiple images out of a single document
- Automatic export for multiple resolutions at the same time
- Unique Color (with RGB and HSB modes) and Font pickers
- Beautiful native text rendering and text styles
- Vector and pixel zoom; zoom in with infinite vector precision or see individual pixels
- Multi-stop and radial gradients editing right in the canvas. Powerful WYSIWYG rendering
- Shared Layer Styles that automatically update all associated layers
- Shared Text Styles for sharing font and paragraph info between text layers
- Powerful, easy-to-use Vector Tool
- A growing community of designers with fantastic resources available on the web
Sketch is great for a wide variety of designers and artists.
FOR WEB AND UI DESIGNERS
- Web and iOS design templates come standard
- Copy CSS Styles to clipboard (including gradients!)
- Slices: export areas on the canvas as images
- 960 default grid, with support for more advanced grid options
- Create multiple pages inside a single document
- Standard Responsive Web Design Artboards
FOR ICON DESIGNERS
- Artboards: each is its own little canvas
- iOS Icon Templates
- Pixel Grid
- Pixel Effects, such as Gaussian and Motion Blur
- Round to nearest pixel edge
What's New in Version 3.3.1
- Fixes a rare bug where documents could lose some of their images
- Fixes a bug where custom colors and gradients set up in older versions of Sketch were reset to their default values.
- Fixes a bug where creating a new symbol wouldn’t allow you to rename it
- Fixes a Mirror bug where artboards wouldn’t be scaled to the right sizes in all cases