Sketch Club is a super versatile app for drawing, painting, typography and even photo correction and manipulation that allows beginners and pros alike to take their art to the next level.
Along with providing fantastic tools for creation, the integrated community motivates and inspires you to keep improving and trying new things. Join in daily challenges, weekly competitions, monthly group events, annual awards and other special events! Follow along with tutorials and classes to learn new techniques and continually improve your digital art.
• Brush, Blur, Eraser, Fill, Pen, Pixels, Procedural, Select, Smudge, Text, and Vector tools
• Layers with configurable blending, naming, and color tagging
• Create your own comics and manga with the Pen and Text tools
• Layer filters for color adjust, blurs, edges, noise, vignette and more
• Layer transform with skew, shear, perspective, and tiling
• Super fast brush and compositing engine
• Up to 16K canvas size with presets including standard 300 DPI print sizes
• Line, circle, square, and triangle shapes with automatic aspect ratio snapping
• Horizontal, vertical, and dual mirroring modes
• Canvas recording and export in full 1080 HD
• Background autosave and persistent undo history
• Universal binary supports both iPhones and iPads
• Over 8 years running of continuous updates
• Brushes with high resolution shapes, pattern textures, and input curves
• Loads of built in tool presets plus thousands more from the community
• Export sketches and presets to iCloud, Dropbox, Email and more
• Create and share custom brush presets in community library
• Pen tool presets include calligraphy, fountain pen, gel pen, and more
• Pen and Vector tools include simplify for smooth lines even with shaky hands
• Create smooth filled shapes and gradient with Vector
• Procedural Sketchy and Smooth for amazing fast results
• Procedural Bristles for realistic oil paint simulation
• Animated GIF export
• Configurable color themes to make Sketch Club uniquely yours
• Customizable shortcut bar for single tap access to your favorite functionality
• Popup quick color swatch and size and opacity controls
• Floating reference image with color sampling
• New challenge every day and new competition every week!
• Massive library of shared brushes, templates, and textures
• Live stream and chat for feedback and fun while you draw
• Learn through tutorials, speed painting videos, and live classes
• Follow other artists and gain fans as you share your creations
• Community whiteboard with realtime collaborative drawing and fun events
• Annual awards honoring the best creations every year
FOR THE PROS
• Excellent iPad Pro and Apple Pencil support
• PSD file format export
• RGB and hexadecimal color inputs
• Bluetooth stylus support for Adonit Jot Touch, FiftyThree, Hex3, TenOne, and Wacom
• Screen mirroring modes for presentations and demos
• Draw in Multiply, Normal, Overlay, and Screen brush blend modes
• Input curves with angle, distance, fade, pressure, random, speed tilt, and time
• Adobe Creative Cloud import and export
What are you waiting for, create with us in Sketch Club today!
Support for the new iPad Pro!
• Added support for the new Apple Pencil. Double tap on the new Pencil to toggle to eraser, toggle between most recently used tools/presets, or open the color panel based on your system settings.
• Lots of available keyboard shortcuts while drawing. Press and hold the command key for a quick guide of what’s available.
• Toggle eraser and Toggle previous tool can be mapped to finger gestures in Settings. They can also be added to the shortcut bar.
• Erase tool blend mode shortcut now toggles so you can tap it quickly switch between Over and Erase tool blend modes.
• Update Calligraphy Pen preset
• New Digital Pen preset
• Updated Procedural Dripper preset
• SonarPen option to map button to toggle ignoring touch input
• Fixed max size for Bristles and Text procedurals
• Misc other bug fixes
New from 2.8
Take your inking and line art to the next level with a huge update to the Pen tool! Use the new “Smooth” parameter on pens for real-time smoothing of your pen strokes. Get those beautiful smooth lines and curves you’ve always wanted - even when your hand is not so steady. Could you already draw super smooth freehand? Don’t worry we've got you too fam - a new Procedural preset called Wobbler will mess that right up! It’s even great for spooky Halloween lettering!
MASSIVE PEN UPDATES
• Real time stroke smoothing!
• A whole new set of Pen presets including Calligraphy Pen, Dashed, Dotted, Fountain Pen, Fude Pen, Gel Pen, Highlighter (try overlapping colors!), Ripper (fun for Halloween!), Smooth Taper, and Technical Pen
• Excellent support of Apple Pencil with pressure, tilt, and prediction
• Expanded set of parameters for controlling the nib, stroke, tapering, and blending
PIXEL TOOL UPDATES
• New Hexagon mode!
• Control opacity and inset with stylus pressure and 3D Touch!
• New Procedural preset: Wobbler!
• New Crop to Selection. Select part of canvas, choose Resize, choose Crop to Selection
• New shortcut options for the shortcut bar: Toggle Layer panel and Reference Image
• Improved canvas gestures and smooth snapping of canvas rotation to screen alignment
• Updated support for SonarPen
• Fix exporting sketches on iOS 12
• Fix dashed mirror and transforms lines on iOS 12
• Additional bug fixes - thanks always for reporting issues!
Hope you enjoy this update and have fun with all the new toys!
Ratings and Reviews
Love it always because there's so much you can do with it. And there are frequent updates. And the developers care about the app and their customers. So, five stars and a big thank you to all of the developers!
Just a note:
Hopefully, there will not be a subscription in the future. But these days it's difficult to find any app without one. Instead, I'd rather have a Tip Jar, so anyone can give if they can afford it. I would give. Some can not afford a subscription. And for those who love an app, but can not afford a subscription, and do not use that app as often as others do, their subscription fee should be less. I personally do not think it's fair that everyone has to pay a lot of money for an app they love if they do not use it too often, or if they have less data on their cloud, or device. But I guess everything is a give and take, and the company needs the funds to keep going. I think that in the future, our subscriptions will be bunched together and we will be paying one total fee for all the apps we use. But who knows?
Amazing tool for both Sketching and Painting
Sketch Club is an amazing tool for both digital sketching and painting. I've been using it for about 3 years, last year of it with iPad Pro and Apple Pencil. I use it regularly for life drawing (figure and portrait), and I've used it in diverse areas, from concept art, to photo manipulations, to t-shirt designs.
The tools and customization options are top notch. I'm able to adjust pressure sensitivity for my custom brushes just the way I like them, something I haven't been able to do quite as well in other apps. The whole interface is easy to use and efficient (efficiency was one of my big requirements for using it in 2-3 hour life drawing sessions). Not only are the existing tools great, but they get better with each update. Publisher of the app has an ear to the community, and provides solid and relevant updates, and provides great support.
If you're a digital artist without Sketch Club, you are missing out!
My "Go To" App on iPhone for quick or serious sketches!
Quick, responsive, advanced features, high-resolution capable, layers, deep zooming, lots of brushes. If it's missing anything, I seriously cannot think of what that might be! (Maybe a better gradient tool, one that creates a gradient between any two colors, not just one color and transparency; and a vector tool dad can draw straight lined shapes easier).
As a professional digital artist, I've used this app on my iPhone exclusively for some paid jobs, where before I'd always need Painter and/or Photoshop on my desktop. It literally replaces thousands of dollars of high-end software on my computer. Sure, I still need those for very advanced apps, but it's amazing what I can accomplish... effortlessly... with one finger on my iPhone, and this app, with the essential features I usually need.
I usually don't write reviews, but felt compelled. I've literally tried dozens and dozens of art/drawing apps, this has to be my favorite.
- Jim Scott
- 60 MB
Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Jim Scott
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.