SketchClub let's you not just draw and paint, but also share what you create right in the app to a fun and encouraging community of fellow mobile artists! Join creative people from all over the world, practice your art, and bring your imagination to life!
• Brush, Blur, Eraser, Fill, Pen, Pixels, Procedural, Select, Smudge, Text, and Vector tools
• Loads of built in tool presets plus thousands more from the community
• Layer filters for color adjust, blurs, edges, noise, vignette and more
• Layer transform with skew, shear, and tiling
• Super fast brush and compositing engine
• Up to 64 layers with configurable blending, naming, and color tagging
• Up to 16K canvas size with presets including standard 300 DPI print sizes
• Line, circle, and square shapes with automatic aspect ratio snapping
• Horizontal, vertical, and dual mirroring modes
• Canvas recording and export in full 1080 HD
• Background autosave and persistent undo history
• Universal binary supports both iPhones and iPads
• Over 6 years running of continuous updates
• No annoying in-app purchases or ads
• Brushes with high resolution shapes, pattern textures, and input curves
• Export sketches and presets to iCloud Drive
• Create and share custom brush presets in community library
• Pen tool presets include calligraphy, fountain pen, gel pen, and more
• Pen and Vector tools include simplify for smooth lines even with shaky hands
• Create smooth filled shapes and gradient with Vector
• Procedural Sketchy and Smooth for amazing fast results
• Procedural Bristles for realistic oil painting simulation
• Animated GIF export
• Configurable color themes to make Sketch Club uniquely yours
• Customizable shortcuts for single tap access to your favorite functionality
• Popup quick color swatch and size and opacity controls
• Floating reference image with color sampling
• New challenge every day and new competition every week!
• Massive library of shared brushes, templates, and textures
• Live stream and chat for feedback and fun while you draw
• Learn through tutorials, speed painting videos, and live classes
• Follow other artists and gain fans as you share your creations
• Community whiteboard with realtime collaborative drawing
• Annual awards honoring some of the best creations each year
FOR THE PROS
• iPad Pro and Apple Pencil support
• PSD file format export
• RGB and hexadecimal color inputs
• Bluetooth stylus support for Adonit Jot Touch, FiftyThree, Hex3, TenOne, and Wacom
• Screen mirroring modes for presentations and demos
• Draw in Multiply, Normal, Overlay, and Screen brush blend modes
• Input curves with angle, distance, fade, pressure, random, speed tilt, and time
• Adobe Creative Cloud import and export
Create with us in Sketch Club today!
• New "Justify" alignment option for the new Text tool
• Fix for push notifications redirecting while in the community
• Misc small fixes, thanks for the bug reports!
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing tool for both Sketching and Painting
Sketch Club is an amazing tool for both digital sketching and painting. I've been using it for about 3 years, last year of it with iPad Pro and Apple Pencil. I use it regularly for life drawing (figure and portrait), and I've used it in diverse areas, from concept art, to photo manipulations, to t-shirt designs.
The tools and customization options are top notch. I'm able to adjust pressure sensitivity for my custom brushes just the way I like them, something I haven't been able to do quite as well in other apps. The whole interface is easy to use and efficient (efficiency was one of my big requirements for using it in 2-3 hour life drawing sessions). Not only are the existing tools great, but they get better with each update. Publisher of the app has an ear to the community, and provides solid and relevant updates, and provides great support.
If you're a digital artist without Sketch Club, you are missing out!
Needs import from iCloud, Sharing Sheet & Dropbox
I just found this after trying so many apps. I thought we could draw a heart, feather, rain drop and create a brush head/stamp.
Edit: Found it! It's in brush mode only, not pen mode. In brush mode, click the Plus at upper right corner. My heart became a brush style! Very happy!
Let us backup custom brushes to iCloud.
We can't import PNGs and PSDs from iCloud Drive. All my work and references are in iCloud Drive, not Photo Roll. Need this for Import and layers Load Image.
I want an option to save WIPs in iCloud Drive like Sketchbook.
Woud love it if you added 4 more spaces to dock tools. There is room even on 9.7 iPad in portrait mode.
Description says "floating reference image". How?
Found it in FAQ. You have to zoom out, then press a picture frame icon.
Need to import refs from iCloud Drive and Files app.
Add these things, and Sketch Club will be better than Autodesk Sketchbook.
These are minor:
Needs offline FAQ.
Could use a graph grid and perspective grid option.
Community page needs easy button to get to help forums.
When I search for brushes and pick one, the app forgets my keyword search and I have to start over. Pain if I was on page 2 or 3 of Search.
Filters/FX that turn a photo/colored pic into empty sketch lines, coloring book style. There are other apps that do this, but it would be handy to have it all in one.
Please look into these matters. Thank you.
BUY IT NOW.
Best app EVER!
And I mean this. I've tried them all, I've had them all. I did illustration professionally for a while (although I am really a game designer) and loved working digitally. I was obsessed with the idea of using my iPhone 6S as a portable canvas and the only app out there good enough to make this all seem natural is SKETCHCLUB.
The pressure sensitive given by 3D Touch is so good it literally allows you to mimic Wacom Cintiq's functionality allowing for a super CHEAP AND INCREDIBLE alternative to a device that not only is not a phone but also costs generally around as much as an iPhone or even more.
No other app has all of the features that you would need to work properly on your PHONE, not Procreate and not ArtStudio (at least not the old once since it didn't have 3D Touch support - not planning on paying 10 dollars for an update no thanks Art Studio 2 or whatever).
This is really by far the best painting and editing app I've run into in my several years looking and buying alternatives. It was ironically one of the first ones I've bought, and ever since they added 3D Touch support I just simply stopped looking. It instantly became my go to app.
Now, all my illustration happens on my iPhone or iPad and it all happens on SketchClub.
Best is, you can always finish the job in photoshop NO PROBLEMO.
Best app! Thanks for the fix!
So sorry for the glitch, fix for this is coming with the SketchClub 2.7 update soon!
- Jim Scott
- 60.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 SketchClub
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.