SketchBook Express for iPad
By Autodesk Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Autodesk SketchBook® Express for iPad is a fun and intuitive drawing application. Get a taste of the SketchBook Pro experience with SketchBook Express.
Use professional-grade tools and brushes to create doodles, quick sketches or artwork on-the-go.
Full Screen work space with support for any device orientation
• Screen resolution canvas
• Two finger pan & zoom navigation with 2500% zoom
• Three finger tap for controls
• Three finger swipe gestures for quick access
High Quality Brushes and Tools:
• Professional-grade paint engine delivers smooth and precise brush strokes
•15 preset brushes, including pencils, pens, markers and Fill Tool
•SketchBook Store to purchase brush packs
• Draw styles for creating straight lines, rectangles, and circles
• Dynamic symmetric drawing
• 3 Layers allowing easy build up of a drawing
• Import layers from Photo Library
• Duplicate, Merge and Reorder Layers
• Move, scale, and rotate layers interactively using Multi-Touch
• Toggle visibility and adjust Layer Opacity
• Create text with a variety of fonts, colors, sizes and placement.
• Color Wheel with HSB and RBG color space
• Eye-dropper color selection
• Store and view work in progress
• Export to Photo Library
• Browse images in full-screen mode
• Option to set iCloud as default location to save canvases
• Controls in Gallery to upload or download from iCloud
• Built-in SketchBook News panel for live info about Sketching events and announcements
What's New in Version 2.9.1
Where oh where did the Pro Go?
I love this app more than I would have imagined. This is how I perform each of my drawing tasks. But one question: What happened to the Pro version? I still have it downloaded, luckily, and use it still. The pro provided many features that I love, including many more layers, extra brushes, and a variety of tools. I am aware it is no longer in the AppStore. Why? It is by far the best app I have ever bought and was actually worth updating to pro. But now, none of my friends who are new to digital drawing are able to purchase it for themselves. This app is fine and such, but doesn't give as much as the Pro. Please, consider returning it to its rightful place in the AppStore!
Great app with "minor" issues
This is a great app for any starting digital artists. But it has some problems that need to be addressed and fixed ASAP!!! The good things about the app are it is great for shading. I was drawing my OC and the ability of shading was amazing, it was super easy and not frustrating ( if you know what your doing). You can also zoom easily too so that's good. The only bad thing I've found about this app is that when you are doing detailed work it shows up on not only what you were doing but on the other side too. So that defiantly needs to be fixed so that maybe this app can get all five stars but I'm only giving it four because that is a major problem that desperately needs to be looked at.
I've gone searching everywhere for a free app that provided different opacity brushes and LAYERS. Those were definitely the two requirements that I needed most and I am so glad I discovered Sketchbook Express because it had all of that and more. The variation of brushes is amazing and I love it...all for one thing. I did mention once or twice (; that I needed layers when drawing, and the app only provides a limit of three layers. I would buy the in app purchases but it doesn't provide extra or unlimited layers and if the providers ever read this, please please, increase the layers or create an in-app purchase for that. Other than that, I'm okay with everything ^~^
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Apr 08, 2014
- Version: 2.9.1
- Size: 36.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Autodesk
- © Autodesk Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Brushes$0.99
- Art Brushes$0.99
- Stamp Brushes$0.99