SketchBook Express for iPad
By Autodesk Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Autodesk SketchBook® Express for iPad is a fun and intuitive drawing application. Get a taste of the SketchBook Pro experience with SketchBook Express.
Use professional-grade tools and brushes to create doodles, quick sketches or artwork on-the-go.
Full Screen work space with support for any device orientation
• Screen resolution canvas
• Two finger pan & zoom navigation with 2500% zoom
• Three finger tap for controls
• Three finger swipe gestures for quick access
High Quality Brushes and Tools:
• Professional-grade paint engine delivers smooth and precise brush strokes
•15 preset brushes, including pencils, pens, markers and Fill Tool
•SketchBook Store to purchase brush packs
• Draw styles for creating straight lines, rectangles, and circles
• Dynamic symmetric drawing
• 3 Layers allowing easy build up of a drawing
• Import layers from Photo Library
• Duplicate, Merge and Reorder Layers
• Move, scale, and rotate layers interactively using Multi-Touch
• Toggle visibility and adjust Layer Opacity
• Create text with a variety of fonts, colors, sizes and placement.
• Color Wheel with HSB and RBG color space
• Eye-dropper color selection
• Store and view work in progress
• Export to Photo Library
• Browse images in full-screen mode
• Option to set iCloud as default location to save canvases
• Controls in Gallery to upload or download from iCloud
• Built-in SketchBook News panel for live info about Sketching events and announcements
What's New in Version 2.9
• Share your art directly from inside SketchBook to deviantART, the largest online social network for artists and art enthusiasts
• Browse the Autodesk-SketchBook group on deviantART from the in-app Gallery
So I wanted a AMAZING drawing app so I got this one thinking "this will probably be like all the other ones," boy was I wrong. This app is AMAZING and OUTSTANDING in all ways. But there is one problem, I like to have the home button on my IPad on my right side so when I go to use the app it's upside down. If you could fix this that would be great. But otherwise GREAT app. I use this app to draw Warrior cats ( if you don't know what it is, I understand but WOW look it up). Well your welcome for the 5 star review I don't know how anyone could give it less. Thanks for the AMAZING, OUTSTANDING, GREAT app. I am proud to leave this great of a review. If you don't agree with me than, I don't care think what you want. This is my review I give it what I want to. And PLEASE fix the upside down issue, that would be helpful. Thanks again for the AMAZING app.
This is by far the best drawing app it have used. Easy to learn but great quality! I've never had it crash or not save properly. It's definitely fantastic!
The only thing I wish for would be more tools, such as a burn and blending tool. I would especially love to see more layers added and the ability to make the layers have features such as multiply or overlay.
But it is still a great app for drawing right now!
a Substantial app thats surprisingly easy to learn
I found out about Sketchbook from an artist on Deviant. Im a traditional pen&paper gal and wanted to learn to integrate more digitals. THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST SATISFYING APP out there. After a year using the lite, Im happy to pay the $59 for the Mac version as well. Ive never experienced a crash, the layers are great, and options are plentiful.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Dec 11, 2013
- Version: 2.9
- Size: 36.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Autodesk
- © Autodesk Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Brushes$0.99
- Art Brushes$0.99
- Stamp Brushes$0.99