By Autodesk Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Draw perfect, resolution-independent lines with SketchBook® Ink. This easy-to-use pen & ink drawing app enables you create amazing line art and export high-resolution images directly from your iPad.
Using SketchBook Ink is as easy as opening the app, picking an ink style, and drawing. You’ll find the simulated pressure sensitivity mimics a natural pen-like drawing experience, and provides fine control for your line art. Zoom in and out without worrying about pixilation because your lines are resolution-independent.
• Full screen workspace keeps the interface out of your way and keeps you in the creative zone
• Color editor and color picker with tap-hold customizable palette
• Seven preset ink styles with different line weight and behavior and two eraser types
• Layers, including the ability to import a photo into a layer for reference (great for tattoo artists)
• Gallery to store works-in-progress
• Export 12.6 MP PNG files to the Photo Library or export 101.5 MP PNG files to Dropbox
Draw perfect lines with SketchBook Ink, and tag us when you share! Visit www.sketchbook.com for support or more information.
What's New in Version 1.8.1
- iOS8 Compatibility
Great potential, but spotty (literally).
I love this app and use it for everything from artwork, to visual planning and notes but there is one fatal flaw: a blotchy quality when trying to fill any area. When zoomed in this isn't noticeable, but when viewing at full size the area that I already filled in appears to have gaps (as if it was scribbled, not fully filled). This is beyond frustrating, and can only be remedied by going over the area repeatedly until it appears more filled. I've had this issue for at least a year, and am very surprised an update hasn't been made to correct it. This is such a small but devastating flaw that keeps this app from being great, please amend this!
Best app for line work
This is by far my favorite iPad app for creating line work. This isn't a note taking or sketch app - which some reviewers below seem to think. My workflow: create basic line work here with Ink, then export to another drawing app (like Sketchbook) to add in details and color.
On the way to greatness...
I've tried nearly every other drawing program that supports a stylus. This one is superior for line art... with a small exception. I cannot export the image as a vector (e.g. SVG or AI). Opacity is another missed feature. Maybe line smoothing... since this is vector based. Still well on its way to being the best!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Sep 29, 2014
- Version: 1.8.1
- Size: 15.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Autodesk
- © Autodesk Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.