By Autodesk Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Draw perfect, resolution-independent lines with SketchBook® Ink. This easy-to-use pen & ink drawing app enables you create amazing line art and export high-resolution images directly from your iPad.
Using SketchBook Ink is as easy as opening the app, picking an ink style, and drawing. You’ll find the simulated pressure sensitivity mimics a natural pen-like drawing experience, and provides fine control for your line art. Zoom in and out without worrying about pixilation because your lines are resolution-independent.
• Full screen workspace keeps the interface out of your way and keeps you in the creative zone
• Color editor and color picker with tap-hold customizable palette
• Seven preset ink styles with different line weight and behavior and two eraser types
• Layers, including the ability to import a photo into a layer for reference (great for tattoo artists)
• Gallery to store works-in-progress
• Export 12.6 MP PNG files to the Photo Library or export 101.5 MP PNG files to Dropbox
Draw perfect lines with SketchBook Ink, and tag us when you share! Visit www.sketchbook.com for support or more information.
What's New in Version 1.8.1
- iOS8 Compatibility
Great potential, but spotty (literally).
I love this app and use it for everything from artwork, to visual planning and notes but there is one fatal flaw: a blotchy quality when trying to fill any area. When zoomed in this isn't noticeable, but when viewing at full size the area that I already filled in appears to have gaps (as if it was scribbled, not fully filled). This is beyond frustrating, and can only be remedied by going over the area repeatedly until it appears more filled. I've had this issue for at least a year, and am very surprised an update hasn't been made to correct it. This is such a small but devastating flaw that keeps this app from being great, please amend this!
What were you thinking?
Why did you replace sketchbook pro with this? I was a long time user of pro, until I got a new device, and was shocked to see a replacement, ink. I try it, to discover it is worse than express. The app has next to no functionality, horrible gui, and uninteresting options. Please bring pro back.
Good and bad
My finished drawing is not exporting to my photos on my iPad. Great UI but really limited pen options. Not a huge range in type or sizes. Great layer function.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Sep 29, 2014
- Version: 1.8.1
- Size: 15.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Autodesk
- © Autodesk Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.