By Autodesk Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Autodesk® SketchBook® Ink is an intuitive pen & ink drawing app. Built on a new resolution independent engine, SketchBook Ink lets you create beautiful line work and export high resolution images directly from your iPad.
- Introductory Tour Guide to help get you started
- Full Screen work space with support for any device orientation
- Retina Display on 3rd Gen iPad
- Multi-Touch Interface:
• Two finger pan & zoom navigation
- Preset Ink-styles:
• 7 different presets each with different line weight and behaviors
• 2 eraser types
• Color Editor & Color Picker
• Tap-hold customizable Color palette
- Import a background image from the Photo Library as a reference
- Export options
• Save up to 12.6 MP PNG images to Photo Library or e-mail.
• Save up to 101.5 MP PNG images to iTunes File Sharing or Dropbox
• Option to export as transparent PNG
• Store work-in-progress
- Stay Current:
• Link to SketchBook News Blog
What's New in Version 1.8
- iOS7 Compatibility
- Minor Bug Fixes
Love it. Would like a few added features.
Love the brushes and the line quality now that I am used to drawing with a stylus. Drawing with this app has changed my style a lot as a stylus is not at all the same as a pencil. It is a little more like using a paint brush.
Things that I would like to see:
- I have noticed the phantom spots and missing color when zooming out but it seems fine when viewing in sketchbook pro.
(I use them together so the inability to fill doesn't bother me to much. I do mostly line work in ink)
- the app occasionally responds too slow so a spot or line doesn't show up right away.
- being able to convert a line to an object or path for later editing would be nice.
- the ability to resize, rotate, move, and merge layers would also be very useful for me.
- would love the ability to record my process like in sketchbook pro ( as I have recently had an inquiry about that. )
Again, no regrets. Love the app!
Lines close up
When you draw slowly line close up trying to me lines of different colors or the same. Then you zoom out there are blank spots between lines, same goes for erasing lines. Then when you zoom in it looks perfect without the blank spots and when you zoom out it looks so darn ugly!
Should be a 4.5 since it is still usable but you should improve this.
I think this app needs to be finished all you get is vector lines with no way to adjust them , no selection tools, no flip or rotate, and it's 5 bucks. It's hard to draw on the iPad as it is with the width of your finger so I was hoping for the ability to change the lines. Anyway i wish I had not bought this app.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Sep 18, 2013
- Version: 1.8
- Size: 15.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Autodesk
- © Autodesk Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.