Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Sketchoo is a must-have tool for everyone interested in drawing. No matter whether you have talent or not, it gives you the right tools to put your ideas on virtual paper.
It allows you to illustrate, draw, sketch with ease, giving your powerful tools and an innovative new way for illustrating.
Distraction-free fullscreen view:
With its innovative fullscreen view Sketchoo allows you to concentrate on your artwork, like you would sit in front of your canvas. No distraction.
Templates for great looking results:
Templates allow even newcomers to dive into the drawing experience with great-looking results.
Supports Wacom tablets with pressure sensitivity:
With a Wacom tablet all the tools behave more natural, as if you would draw on real paper. Pressure sensitivity and the backside eraser of your Wacom tablet are both supported.
A range of powerful drawing tools are built to behave as you were drawing on paper. Set options for your tools as well.
• Calligraphic pen
Predefined colors, millions of choices:
To start right away we built predefined colors right in. Professionals can surely mix their own colors to choose from 16.7 million possible colors. Use opacity to get even better results.
Zoom and pan, working in detail:
Draw in detail with the zoom and pan tools. Use multitouch gestures to zoom in or out, or to pan. An inspector allows you to see where you are in the painting when you are zoomed in.
You can even turn on a grid to let you get a more detailed overview of your drawings and illustrations
Image shelf, autosaving:
Sketchoo manages your drawings automatically in a shelf, no saving required! Sketchoo does it all for you. Maybe you want too get on with an old drawing? No problem, it is all in the shelf.
Self portrait mode:
Sketchoo even helps you painting self-portraits. Make a snapshot of yourself with the built-in snapshot function using your FaceTime Camera and draw over the photo to get a great looking self-portrait. You can also use it to draw fun stuff over your friends or even yourself!
Sharing selections or the whole illustration:
Sketchoo allows you to share your artwork via Facebook, Flickr or via Mail. Even better, there is no need to share the whole image when you just want to show a part of it. Just make your selection, click on "share" and done.
And there is more:
Sketchoo also supports undo and redo, has a fast wiping option to clean your complete canvas and also lets you duplicate images.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
* Fixed an issue where the brush options palette might not be displayed properly.
* Fixed the behavior of the miniaturize button in the gallery and paint window.
No color picker. No layers. No brush editor.
##PROS & CONS
* The drawing itself, thanks to some responsive brushes, feels pretty good.
* The graphing paper-like grid toggle is nice.
* No spring-loaded opt+click color picker. No color picker/eyedropper tool that I could find at all, short of the clunky system color dialog. That's a bit of a problem. It's darn close to a requisite for any drawing application.
* No layers. Even a minimalist sketching app benefits from rudimentary layer support.
* No brush editor. There is, far as I can tell, no way to make an opaque mark in the app currently. The predefined tools are all you get and they all have pressure linked to opacity. You can't edit them.
There are worse sketching apps out there. The brushes at least **feel** good. With a few basic features added, I could see this being a decent app with which to do quick color studies and the like. As it is now, I can't see a place for it in my workflow. If I'd spent more than $.99, I'd be bummed.
Well, you can't pick the brush size, it doesn't have a "fill" button and it's WAY too expensive. However, it has good graphics, great colors, nice templates, and kind of easy to use. It's good if you have a Drawing Tablet.
- Category: Graphics & Design
- Updated: Nov 19, 2011
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 37.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Andreas Monitzer
- © 2011 Dietmar Kerschner, Andreas Monitzer
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later