SketchTime - Quick Sketching & Photo Tracing
By Hansol Huh
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“SketchTime simplifies sketching down to its essence” - Apple Inc.
“If you are looking for a way to just draw without all of the complicated art accoutrements, SketchTime may be the answer.” - AppAdvice
“It lets me do very nice quick sketches without having to think about the tools all the time.” - User
Sketching like it should be. Simple! Fast! Fun!
If you love sketching but dislike cluttered, complicated UI and too many option to set, SketchTime is your best choice.
SketchTime is totally optimized for quick sketches and tracing photos. It's like opening up a sketch pad, picking your favorite pen and just letting the sketches flow. Or you can trace your photos just like with tracing paper, only easier and faster.
Straightforward & Streamlined UI
• Simple, uncluttered and elegant user interface
• All the essential tools right at your fingertips
• Quick selection of pen size and color
Lifelike Pen & Paper
• Realistic and fast pen strokes like gel ink pens
• Photorealistic paper
• Pen/Marker/Eraser with various color & size
• Easily trace photos with adjustable transparency
• Import photos with various options (rotation, fill/fit to screen, color/b&w)
• Extremely responsive two finger zooming and panning
• Sit back and watch your sketches smoothly play back
• Twitter, Facebook and Email directly from SketchTime
• Various export options (rotation, transparent background)
• High resolution export (iPhone4: 1000x1500, iPhone5: 1000x1778, iPad: 1200x1600, iPad3: 2400x3200)
Extra Stuff You'll Love
• Support for all orientations
• Unlimited undo/redo
• Lock sketches (protection from being deleted or edited by mistake)
• Palm rest (only for iPad)
Universal & Affordable
• The best sketch app that works on all your iDevices
• Support for iPhone5 and retina iPad
• Costs less than a cup of coffee :)
‣ Website: www.sketchtimeapp.com
‣ Flickr: www.flickr.com/groups/sketchtime
‣ Twitter: @sketchtimeapp
‣ Email: email@example.com
* Special thanks to Simone Kirschning, Yongwoo Cho and Tetsuya Oku for the great sketches in the screenshots
What's New in Version 1.3
• New App Icon
• iOS7 Design
• Share on Facebook
Great, simple, full-functioned
It's a really nice app to use, because of the tasteful yet no-nonsense design, and the ease of functionality. It's not a full-fledged paint shop app, but this is a strength because it eliminates all distractions. You have only the necessities, and your creativity is thus liberated.
Lastly, to the developers, I preferred the previous icon and interface design. The paper-on-wood look was so zen. The flat black-on-white it's been replaced by is a bit jarring by comparison.
Wish there's an option to export arts multiple arts at once.
Still perfect for a quick fix. Would be lovely to be able to export videos and back up my arts.
I just upgraded my iOS, and had to resort to using iFunbox to copy the whole app folder to make a backup, then had to create a blank art, then put my back up inside app folder.
Really need a back up function. Seriously.
I love that there's no lagging while drawing at all. There's no layers, but that's good for practice. Perfect for a quick fix
Crashes on Save
The app itself isn't horrible, but I spent time tracing out a picture and then I went to save and the app crashes and closes out. I deleted the app, causing me to lose my work, and reinstalled it hoping it was just a glitch and would fix on reinstallation...it doesn't! The app is pointless to me if I can't save my work to my pictures. Fix this and I'll gladly re-write a 5 star review!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 26, 2014
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 12.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Hansol Huh
- © 2012-2014 Hansol Huh
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.