By Trimble Navigation Limited
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
SketchUp Viewer brings 3D models to life on your iPad or iPhone allowing you to open and view SketchUp models any time, anywhere, on the device you want to view them on.
Version 3.1 now includes options for defining unit preferences, the Position Camera Tool, an improved Tape Measure tool and much more!
Explore and share 3D models:
• Download models to your device from your 3D Warehouse, Trimble Connect or Dropbox account for seamless offline viewing
• Transfer your SketchUp models directly to the app via iTunes, open SketchUp models directly from email attachments, or open files from other cloud service apps like Google Drive.
• Navigation features include multi-touch gestures for Orbit, Position Camera, Look Around, Pan, Zoom, and Zoom Extents, as well as a Camera menu with options for toggling between Perspective and Orthographic camera modes, and adjusting the Field of View.
• Use the Scenes menu to select from any of the standard camera views (top, side, bottom, etc.) or access the custom Scenes that you created in SketchUp. The app supports the following scene properties: Camera location and properties, Hidden Geometry, Visible Layers, Active Section Planes, Standard Edge Styles, Face Styles, Background/Sky/Ground Style settings, Watermarks and Axes Location.
• Use the Layers panel to toggle the contents of your SketchUp model layers on or off.
• Use the View panel to choose from any of SketchUp’s Edge or Face styles and to toggle X-Ray mode on or off. The view menu also offers visibility toggles for Watermarks, Hidden Geometry, Section Planes, Section Cuts and Axes.
• Use the Tape Measure tool to quickly measure objects in your SketchUp model.
For more information, visit: http://help.sketchup.com/en/mobile-viewer
This app is recommended for iPhone/iPad devices with a minimum of 1024Mb of RAM (iPad Mini 2nd Gen or newer, iPhone 5 or newer).
What's New in Version 3.2.3
• This update adds support for the SketchUp 2018 file format.
Very useful when offsite, stable
Ever since the viewer added the Tape Measure tool a couple of versions back, it has been very useful to me for home remodeling and especially when out shopping or planning.
Direct access to files stored in iCloud would be nice to have, as I keep most of my remodeling files there for the very reason of having them available offsite in a pinch. My current workaround, which is really not much of a detour at all, is to navigate to my SketchUp model within the iOS Files app and then use the Share extension from the present viewer to Copy to SketchUp.
Keep up the good work and rich interfacing!
The improvements made to this version of SketchUp Viewer are great! With much improved stability, I can review my projects from my phone with great clarity and with the same options as if I were working from my PC, including measuring. The developers truly deserve to be congratulated on putting out a product worthy of the Trimble brand!
Trying to open up a SketchUp File that was emailed to me by an architect. Spent the $9.99 for the app that had the exact description of the app that I wanted. Too bad that the file cannot be opened via email attachment, or google drive upload or even drop box upload. Followed all help instructions but still cannot find the file to open.... huge waste of time and money. Sorry, cannot recommend. App needs to be easier to use.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 14, 2017
- Version: 3.2.3
- Size: 45.2 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Trimble Navigation Limited
- © Trimble Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.