SketchUp Mobile Viewer
By Trimble Navigation Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The SketchUp Mobile Viewer brings 3D models to life on your iPad or iPhone allowing you to open and view SketchUp models any time, anywhere, on the device you want to view them on.
Version 3 now includes a Tape Measure tool plus added support for viewing Dimensions, Text and Section Planes and Scene Animations!
Explore and share 3D models:
• Download models to your device from your 3D Warehouse, Trimble Connect or Dropbox account for seamless offline viewing
• Transfer your SketchUp models directly to the app via iTunes, open SketchUp models directly from email attachments, or open files from other cloud service apps like Google Drive.
• Navigation features include multi-touch gestures for Orbit, Look Around, Pan, Zoom, and Zoom Extents, as well as a Camera menu with options for toggling between Perspective and Orthographic camera modes, and adjusting the Field of View.
• Use the Scenes menu to select from any of the standard camera views (top, side, bottom, etc.) or access the custom Scenes that you created in SketchUp. The app supports the following scene properties: Camera location and properties, Hidden Geometry, Visible Layers, Active Section Planes, Standard Edge Styles, Face Styles, Background/Sky/Ground Style settings, Watermarks and Axes Location.
• Use the Layers panel to toggle the contents of your SketchUp model layers on or off.
• Use the View panel to choose from any of SketchUp’s Face styles and to toggle X-Ray mode on or off. The view menu also offers visibility toggles for Hidden Geometry, Section Planes, Section Cuts and Axes.
• Use the Tape Measure tool to quickly measure objects in your SketchUp model.
For more information, visit: http://help.sketchup.com/en/mobile-viewer
This app is recommended for iPhone/iPad devices with a minimum of 1024Mb of RAM (iPad Mini 2nd Gen or newer, iPhone 5 or newer).
What's New in Version 3.0
Version 3 of the SketchUp Mobile Viewer app is jam packed with tons of new features that users have been asking for!!
We made some major changes this time around. Please note!: you will need to re-download/save/import any SketchUp models that you had previously stored on your device before you can open those files in this version of the app.
• Added viewing Support for viewing Dimensions, Leader text and On-screen text.
• Added viewing support for Standard Edge Styles.
• Added viewing support for Watermarks.
• Added new Tape Measure tool.
- Scenes Menu
• Added the ability to Play Animation (with option to Loop Animation). Play Animation respects SketchUp’s “Include in Animation” scene property.
• Added controls for Previous Scene and Next Scene.
- View Menu
• Added toggles for Hidden Geometry, Section Planes, Section Cuts, Axes and Enable Transparency. Scenes will respect the Style settings that were saved to the Scenes in your SketchUp model.
- Navigation Menu
• Added dedicated navigation tools for Pan and Zoom.
• Added a new double tap gesture for centering the model on the point where you double tap.
Updated the “Dance Center” model to include scenes that show off the new features.
You can read more about this release on the SketchUp Blog: http://blog.sketchup.com/.
No dimensions? What's the point?
I got this app so I could use the project away from my computer, like in the shop. However there is no way to get dimension data from the viewer. Update. The new version is much improved. You can measure things. The down side is Dropbox support is breaking. Whole directories which have many many SketchUp files in them show as empty. I can see them in the DropBox app just not in SketchUp Viewer. So up from one to three stars. Dimensions are important. If DropBox worked it would be five. Sigh...
The improvements made to this version of SketchUp Viewer are great! With much improved stability, I can review my projects from my phone with great clarity and with the same options as if I were working from my PC, including measuring. The developers truly deserve to be congratulated on putting out a product worthy of the Trimble brand!
New version achieves must have status
I use sketchup for woodworking. This version allows me to bring design into the shop, complete with dimensions and live 3d view. I could not be more pleased.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 13, 2016
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 25.0 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Trimble Navigation Limited
- © Trimble Navigation, Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.