Bring 3D models to life on iPad or iPhone using SketchUp Viewer. Navigate and present your own SketchUp projects, or explore the millions of free models in 3D Warehouse for FREE! That’s right, SketchUp Viewer is now a FREE app!
Explore, present, and communicate in 3D. Here’s how:
• Open or download models directly from 3D Warehouse or Trimble Connect. You can also open models using the iOS ‘Open In’ feature, for example when opening .SKP files sent as email attachments.
• NEW!: SketchUp Viewer now supports Apple’s Files app, making it easy to open models from Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud and other file storage apps.
• NEW!: Augmented reality (AR) viewing features enable you to experience your 3D models by merging them with the world around you. (Available via in-app purchase. $9.99 USD/yr.)
• NEW!: With the Select tool and Entity Info panel you are able to get information about edge lengths, the area of faces, volume of solids, and component and group definitions.
• Navigate using multi-touch gestures for orbiting, panning and zooming.
• Jump to the most important places in your model using scenes you set up in SketchUp’s desktop and web modelers.*
• Switch between perspective and orthographic cameras for production and architectural drawings.
• Take measurements using the Tape Measure tool and adjust unit preferences to see measurements, dimension strings and Entity Info in the units of your choice.
• Turn layers on or off to control the visibility of parts of your model.
• Control the look and feel of your model by adjusting Edge and Face styles, including X-ray mode, along with toggles to control the visibility of Hidden Geometry, Section Planes, Section Cuts, Axes, and Watermarks.
• Move existing section planes to get just the right interior view of models, or visualize important elevation and plan views.
*The app supports the following scene properties: Camera location and properties, Hidden Geometry, Visible Layers, Active Section Planes, Standard Edge Styles, Face Styles, Background/Sky/Ground Style settings, Watermarks and Axes Location.
For information and instructions, please visit: http://help.sketchup.com/en/mobile-viewer
This app is recommended for iPhone/iPad devices running iOS 11 or higher with a minimum of 1024Mb of RAM (Retina iPads or newer, iPhone 5 or newer).
The AR feature uses ARKit and is compatible with iPhone 6s and newer, iPad Pro, or any 2017 iPad or newer, running iOS 11 or later.
SketchUp Viewer offers premium, AR model viewing via in-app subscription at a price of $9.99 USD per year. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before your subscription expiration date. Your account will be charged $9.99 USD for renewal within 24-hours prior to your subscription expiration date. You can manage your subscriptions at any time, and/or turn off auto-renewal, by visiting your Account Settings after your initial purchase is complete.
• **Note: We’ve made some changes to the Dropbox integration, making it available via the Files app only. Make sure you have the Dropbox app installed and then activate the Dropbox integration in the Files app. More information can be found on our Help Center: https://help.sketchup.com/en/article/3000181
• On iOS 11, files can be accessed directly from the SketchUp Viewer app through the Files on Device option under the Cloud menu.
• Miscellaneous bug fixes and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve been waiting for this app a long time. It’s an excellent way to communicate ideas quickly in the field. My rating reflects that this app meets my expectations, which is strictly to show clients and colleagues ideas. I didn’t expect it to be able to do much else, but it has a few features that are a huge bonus. Powerful tool!
Viewing my models on this app is flawless as far as performance goes. It’s actually smoother than on the laptop I use to put these models together. My only complaint is when models are imported from pc to mobile, lighting and shadow effects are removed. I’m sure it’s because of performance but if there is a toggle setting to add or remove these effects that would be perfect.
Not at all intuitive
This is just another overly complicated app. All I want to do is sketch out a simple two-story garage concept that I can manipulate to determine where I want the doors and windows. I have been trying to figure out how to do that for an hour and cannot do it. This is not intuitive and if there are directions, I cannot easily find them. I just want a blank page that I can draw on to make a simple a box and a few other lines. FRUSTRATING!!! I will get out my board, T-square and triangle and do it old school.
- Trimble Inc.
- 247.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Trimble Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- AR Model Viewing $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.