**NOTE: 1 star reviews about 'No Data' are out of our control. Data is pulled from NOAA. At the time of those reviews, NOAA's website was down. At any point in time NOAA can return no data. All features are available when purchased **
SkewTLogPro gives you one-touch access to powerful skew-t log-p charts. View charts using your current GPS location, airport ID code or lat/lon. Each skew-t log-p chart provides a visual indication of temperature, dew point, winds aloft, and wind speed at various altitudes.
** NEW ** Added support for Canadian Airport IDs
** NEW ** View charts along your route using 'View Route'
** NEW ** Added support for GFS for all locations outside the continental United States (Option in Settings)
* View many values such as CAPE, LI, LCL, and many other options through settings
* Save charts for offline use
* Ability to view Skew T Log soundings by touching a location on a map
* One-touch access to skew-t log (p) charts from anywhere in the United States.
* View skew-t log(p) charts using your current GPS location, airport identifier or latitude and longitude.
* Scroll forward and backward to view past and forecast charts.
* History list allows easy access to previously viewed locations.
* Select how many previous and forecast hours are charted
* Double-tap to zoom in for more detail on the soundings.
* Great for aviators, glider pilots and weather enthusiasts.
-Added wind barb support up to 150 kts
-Added support for data outside the continental United States with GFS data (Route view not supported)
Ratings and Reviews
Outstanding information for All pilots
Once you spend time to learn how to use a ‘Skew-T’ chart, this app is quick and easy to use and could easily save your life. You can quickly see where the cloud layers will likely be, where you will probably run into to turbulence, and more importantly, where you will likely run into ice. Yes, you can get the data from other sources (NOAA, and where this app draws its information) but not as easily as this. Thank you for the great app that makes flying safer!
Not great for summer cumulus or thunderstorms
This app is a great concept, but for a pilot it falls short on much of why I use a skew chart in the first place. Namely on the visualization of items such as convective inhibition, LFC, CAPE, EL, etc. I mean it is a chart, so you would expect to easily view these items graphically on the chart itself. Instead you only see the numerical value on the side of the chart.
If this app were to simply add a line showing the adiabatic temperature values of a lifted parcel of air, it would deserve a 5-star rating.
Necessity for XC planning
This app is the missing piece to foreflight. U can enter your route and times, then get a picture of cloud layers including tops, temp, where the ice probably is etc along your route at those times. Ive had it a couple months and it has been very accurate.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.