By IP Banc, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**NOTE: 1 star reviews about 'No Data' are out of our control. Data is pulled from NOAA. At the time of those reviews, NOAA's website was down. At any point in time NOAA can return no data. All features are available when purchased **
SkewTLogPro gives you one-touch access to powerful skew-t log-p charts. View charts using your current GPS location, airport ID code or lat/lon. Each skew-t log-p chart provides a visual indication of temperature, dew point, winds aloft, and wind speed at various altitudes.
** NEW ** Added support for Canadian Airport IDs
** NEW ** View charts along your route using 'View Route'
* View many values such as CAPE, LI, LCL, and many other options through settings
* Save charts for offline use
* Ability to view Skew T Log soundings by touching a location on a map
* One-touch access to skew-t log (p) charts from anywhere in the United States.
* View skew-t log(p) charts using your current GPS location, airport identifier or latitude and longitude.
* Scroll forward and backward to view past and forecast charts.
* History list allows easy access to previously viewed locations.
* Select how many previous and forecast hours are charted
* Double-tap to zoom in for more detail on the soundings.
* Great for aviators, glider pilots and weather enthusiasts.
What's New in Version 1.9
-Added support for Canadian Airport IDs. Just specify the Airport ID with the country prefix, K (US) or C (Canada)
Great tool but better/detailed how to instructions needed
Easy to use app and very clean and clear format. Would like to see a more flushed out tutorial on how to understand the chart that is part of the application instead of the links provided. A single summary of chart interpretation would be invaluable.
This is the best method I've found for knowing what I'm going to find once airborne. Until now, I've pretty much had to rely on PIREPS, and while they are very reliable, sometimes they aren't available and in reality, they don't tell the whole story.
With the new route tool added, I cannot say enough good things about this tool. In the winter trying to figure out if I can get on top and stay on top used to be a hassle, now it is simple.