The classic book "Backcountry Skiing Bozeman And Big Sky" is now available in app form! This digital guide contains 25 of the the best backcountry skiing spots in Southwest Montana and uses the GPS in every iPhone to display your location on our our informative slope angle maps, which allow the user to help make informed decisions on terrain risk management. Each route is covered in extensive detail, with full descriptions on the approach, avalanche information, route statistics, and how to get there, and even turn-by-turn directions to the parking lot. All data is stored on the device, ensuring awesome maps even when there isn't cell coverage. Download the app today to gain access to the best backcountry skiing in Bozeman and Big Sky!
• No cell coverage required, maps are stored on the device
• Terrain maps are shaded according to slope angle, helping you to make decisions on terrain risk
• 25 routes in 7 local mountain ranges
• Turn-by-turn directions to the parking areas of each ski route
• Full descriptions on the approach, avalanche information, and statistics for each route
• Daily Gallatin National Forest Avalanche Advisory available in the app (cellular/wifi connection required)
• Photos help show the way and highlight ideal ski runs
3 free routes included in app, $4.99/month (auto-renewing) or $24.99/year (auto-renewing) for access to all 25 routes and maps. Enjoy a season of shredding for less than half the price of a lift ticket!
Download the app for free today!
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the normal rate of $4.99/month or $24.99/year.
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
Several iOS 11 bugs have been fixed. Also adds in a 3D Touch shortcut through iOS.
Ratings and Reviews
Doesn’t work on XS Max
I haven’t used the app since last winter and it was working then. I just upgraded to an iPhone XS Max and the app will close directly after launching. The developer has not responded to emails.
- Gneiss Software LLC
- 369.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Gneiss Software LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Ski Bozeman $4.99
- Ski Montana $24.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.