The world’s favourite winter sports application.
Designed specifically for winter sports, the award winning Ski Tracks is your worldwide, ultimate ski companion. Record your entire day on the slopes without the need for mobile data*.
Compare your mountain experiences with your friends, from complete beginners to seasoned professionals, join the millions of people who have already downloaded Ski Tracks.
As featured in: CBS - Independent - T3 - Telegraph - New York Times - Engadget - Snowboard Mountaineer - Slope Edge - Snow Vole Awards
Battery efficient technology allows all day recording, no data or phone signal required for recording making Ski Tracks ideal for backcountry or where data roaming charges apply.
• Apple Watch
• Pebble Watch
• Ski statistics in one place
• Specifically designed ski analysis
• Include photographs to keep memorable moments
• Share in multiple formats
• Free Ski Tracks online storage
• Advanced mapping tools
• Health Connection (iOS 8+)
• 3D map support. (iOS 9)
*Where data charges apply, set Data Roaming / Mobile Data Off. For more information see iPhone/iOS user guide.
GPS will not work accurately indoors.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
1. Compatibility and general bug fixes.
2. Altimeter accuracy improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve been using this for 4-5 years and really like it. It is set and forget. You just turn it on, throw your phone in your pocket or backpack and off you go. Not sure how the iPhone gets such a good GOS signal when not out in the open, but it seems to work all the time. I haven’t done much with it other than check my stats at the end of the day and see what we did. It’s really cool to know how much vertical and how many miles you've traveled. There’s more to it than that; you can store photos. It seems to be pretty accurate as far as mph, distances, showing your exact route, etc. but hard to say because there’s now way for me to verify the data with another tool.
Request for developer: It would be really great to have a picture page in the app that shows all of the pictures from the runs and you simply my scroll down the page through the pics and click on a pic to review that track. This way, if you remember a great feature on a mountain you can snap a pic of it in the app and easily use ski tracks later on to help find the exact run that got you there. People would love this if done with a slick interface.
The Analyze function is buggy and destroys data
Update: I’m afraid I’ve lowered my rating of this app again, this time down to 2 stars. Apparently, using the Apple Watch to control the app is buggy as hell. 14,000 vertical feet translating to 68 miles of travel and other weirdness. But the worst is their ‘Analyze’ function: 12 runs/14,000 ft changes to 1 run/28 ft — and it appears that the function actually DESTROYS THE ORIGINAL DATA. To top it off the developer’s solution thus far is “well, don’t use the watch for this”. I’m now exploring alternatives.
This’ll be my third year using this app, this year adding an Apple Watch to my ecosystem. I stay with this app over the alternatives because it continues to focus on actual skiing while most of the others are turning into social apps that happen to track skiing as an afterthought.
My rating would be 5 stars if the developer would add turn tracking like they suggested they would a year ago. If another developer starts providing that, it may convince me to try a new app.
Great until this season...
I've used this app since 2012 and it has always worked well. It's been good to see it improved along the way. Last year I was able to use it on my watch and I thought that was really awesome until today. At the end of a fantastic day of boarding it failed to transmit the data to my iPhone X. This was with the Apple Watch 2. All I have left of my data is the picture I took of the summary screen when I saw the "End" button was not responsive.
I have a few more days to be on the mountain this week and I can say I won't be using the watch app any more. Funny thing, this morning we were trying to install the app on my wife's AppleWatch 3 for her to use and it was no where in the lost of apps to install on the watch even though it was installed on her phone. I should've taken that as an omen.
Not a happy user of this watch app. It's gotta go from my watch and I'm going to see what my options are if any for data recovery and/or export.
- Core Coders Ltd
- 31.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), and iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation).
- English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2010-2019 Core Coders Ltd, All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.