Skillsoft Learning App
By Skillsoft PLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Improve yourself in minutes a day, anytime, anywhere. Access content across a variety of topics including business, personal development, desktop software and IT. Stay current with courses, videos, books, and audio books from world-class experts. Keep yourself on the leading edge to improve your performance on the job and throughout your career.
• Access your licensed Skillsoft content from your iPhone or iPad
• Take courses, read books, watch videos, listen to audio books
• Access your favorite videos and audio while offline
• Get personalized suggestions based on your interests
• Utilize our full-text search to find just the right content
• Get notifications for new content and new areas of interest
• Save and manage content as favorites for easy access
• Enjoy the app in English, French, German, and Spanish
• Please note that this app requires an active Skillsoft content license
Please note: This app requires access to Skillport 8 and an active Skillsoft content license.
What's New in Version 3.3.0
Improved tips for first time users
Added contact support option to the login process
Improvements to security
Bug fixes and usability enhancements
This app and the related website are really cumbersome to use. The courses are not aggregated together and they are not in order. It would make sense to group the same content from one course together and in order! It is also a pain whenever I turn the page of a book. The app takes a long time to refresh the new page. It doesn't matter if I am on cellular or wifi. Also, (and it may be more of a rights/contractual issue) but it is not useful to me if I cannot load pages ahead of time to store and read later for my commute. I would like to be able to save at least SOME content for my metro ride-where there is no service. The fact that I have to be constantly connected is a real drag. Lastly, the old website (which I would give 0 stars) would tell you if you have duplicate content in your learning plan. This website and app allow you to add the same book or course over and over, limitlessly.
Good start, but needs some fixes...
I'm really happy that this app is available for iPad. The portability is great. However, I do note some problems:
- Though I have a big screen, the app wastes all of that space by providing its content in maybe 30% of the screen, as if sized for a large smartphone. This is compounded by tiny text, as if a young person with good vision designed the whole thing.
- The underlined links within the presentations generally don't work. For instance, none of the Job Aids work at all. Those can be skipped, but the Case Studies are dead links, too, and they are required because there are follow-on questions about the material. You just have to bluff through.
Video Tutorials NOT in order, makes this useless
I subtracted two stars because of the video learning in this app. It is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE! I've used other learning tools that have videos and they put them IN ORDER! This pathetic application throws the videos out in random order making it virtually impossible to determine which is next in the series. This is inexcusable for an application of this type when all the others do this so well. I left two stars because the reading is ok, but the video tutorial UI is a disgrace.
Overall I'm satisfied with the application, but I think the UI could be smoothed out a little to make it easier to find and do things.