Word Family Readers are an easy and fun way for children to learn to read. The stories use rhyming words that have the same ending sound but a different beginning sound. Chuck who had bad luck and Mox the ox and his box are just two of the entertaining stories.
The Word Family Reader approach is endorsed by educators as a great way for young children to acquire a basic knowledge of phonics. There are no pictures in these books. When children read them, they are truly reading – not relying on pictures to recognize words.
Word Family Readers –
• start young children reading right away.
• have 42 stories to be read.
• provide audio versions of each story.
• reinforce reading skills through games.
• teach children to read and spell 200 one-syllable words.
The two authors of this series, Peggy Gisler and Marge Eberts, are very experienced reading teachers who –
• have written more than 50 textbooks for beginning readers that are used in schools across the country.
• teach teachers how to teach reading.
• hold reading specialist degrees (Ed.S.) in education.
• won the Children’s Reading Round Table award for their beginning reader – Pancakes, Crackers, and Pizza.
- new Game titles
- updated Dear Teacher App Store link
Ratings and Reviews
Great Beginning Reader
We tried and tried to help Lily learn to read while babysitting her. No luck in doing this until we discovered this app. Now, she will have a great start on reading when she gets to kindergarten next year. Lily just listened and listened to the stories. Then she started to read them. We know she actually can read the story words because she aces the word games that she plays over and over again. Lily has literally taught herself to read without much help from us.
Fun for Kids!
My daughter has been having a lot of fun with this app. She enjoys listening and reading along with the stories and playing the games in each section (bingo, matching/memory). I will definitely recommend this to all my friends with children who are starting to learn how to read.
Great for kids!
I love skinny books! This is great for my kids and for my friends with kids. Why not give the kids a game on your phone that they can learn and have fun with!
I recommend to all my friends who have kids! It keeps their minds occupied in good way!
- COMPASS SYNDICATE CORPORATION
- 72.3 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Compass Syndicate Corporation 2015
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.