Skip Math: Skip Counting Games
By Justin Holladay
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Skip Math is a “Doodle Jump” style game (play by tilting the device from side to side) in which a boy or girl character jumps from platform to platform trying not to fall. Unlike “Doodle Jump,” however, children playing Skip Math must land on the platform that correlates to the correct number. For example, when counting by fours you must land on 4, then 8, then 12, etc. The movement, music, hopping character and they actually hear the counting as they jump all contribute to the entertainment value of the game, and means your child will be learning while having fun.
Skip counting is a fundamental skill in the development of fluency in calculation, number sense and establishing a solid foundation for learning multiplication and division. Skip counting requires and in turn develops fluency in mental computation.
“Skip counting” is simply counting by a number that is not 1. You can skip count by 3 like this: 3,6,9,12,15....
- Players can take a picture of their own faces to put on the character they choose.
- They can pick their “level” (you can skip-count by numbers 2-11) so the game becomes more challenging as your child improves.
- A tracker lets the player how far he went at the end of each game, so he can try to improve her score in the next round.
- Audio: As each number is number selected, it is said aloud so players hear the counting as they jump.
- The game can also be played in multi-player Bluetooth mode (Game Center Required).
COMMON CORE STATE STANDARDS
2.NBT.2 Count within 1000; skip-count by 5s, 10s, and 100s.
NOTE: iOS 7 is acting funny with "Skip Math" and crashes sometimes. Update/Fix is coming SOON!!
What's New in Version 1.1
Updates a Fixes:
- Fixed iOS 7 compatibility bug
- Made the jumping a little slower and easier to play
Also check out our new app "Jack and the Beanstalk a Mathematical Adventure"
Just money down the drain. My son felt bad that I would write a negative review but when I told him it would help stop other parents from wasting their time and money he felt good about it. Why would someone even put this out for sale? It was truly a worthless learning app.
Great learning tool!
We love the artwork and the learning element! So much fun!
Do not buy horrible
Not good for teaching. Might be fine for those that already know how to skip count. Worst .99 cents I have ever spent!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 17, 2013
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 40.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Justin Holladay
- © 2013 Justin Holladay
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.