Skip Tunes - for Spotify, iTunes, and Rdio
By Greg Dougherty
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Skip Tunes is a simple Mac OS X application which allows you to easily control iTunes, Spotify, and Rdio from your Menu Bar.
- Control iTunes, Spotify, and/or Rdio from your menu bar
- Display OS X Notifications
- Adjust Volume Controls
- Share to Facebook & Twitter
- Show or Hide Controls in your Menu Bar
- Set Keyboard Shortcuts
- Rate iTunes Tracks
- Detach window from menu bar
- Optimized for Retina Displays
Skip Tunes has been covered in Cnet, Macworld, Cult of Mac, The Next Web, Lifehacker, and others.
See more info at http://skiptunes.com.
What's New in Version 3.1.1
Note: There is still an ongoing bug in Spotify’s app which doesn’t allow Skip Tunes to access Spotify album artwork. This is a bummer for Skip Tunes… let Spotify know that you want better AppleScript support for third party apps by tweeting @SpotifyCares or visiting http://community.spotify.com.
Updates for v3.1.1:
- Adds a fix which provides OAuth2 support for Rdio
Updates for v3.1:
- Support for Yosemite’s dark menu bar :)
- Removed dropdown arrow from the window, it now sits flush with the menu bar
- New refreshed Skip Tunes icon
- New blank artwork image
- New share icon
- Numerous slight icon updates to make the app feel a bit tidier
- Fixed an issue where the menu bar would appear selected when reduce transparency was selected from System Preferences and on an external monitor
- Reduced the number of console errors Skip Tunes was sending
- Fixed an issue where Skip Tunes caused apps to automatically re-launch when quitting
- Other bug fixes
Does not work properly with iTunes Radio
Seems like a good app, but it doesn’t work with iTunes 12.2 Radio (album artwork doesn’t display and controls on the drop down don’t work).