WHAT IS SKIPPER?
Skipper is a modern iOS app that allows you to automate your marine logbook, keep a permanent record of your sailing or boating activity and share your coastal cruises with your friends and family. The user friendly design is super intuitive: Skipper is simple enough to be used by amateurs, yet powerful enough to be used by professional skippers in conjunction with boat instruments. If you love sailing or boating, Skipper is the perfect app! You can even use it for windsurfing, kitesurfing, kayaking and more!
SAIL AND RECORD
- Monitor your nautical activities in real-time with your iPhone or iPad’s GPS, even when you’re offline.
- See trip data like elapsed time, trip distance, current course and speed.
- Autostart recording on movement (when your current speed is above a minimum specified speed).
- Track your exact position with built-in maps (provided by Apple).
- Access local wind forecast for the next hours and days while you record your navigation.
- Automatically and securely store all your trips so you can access your entire sailing & boating history from your device. This enables you to measure and review your sail performances over time. You can save all your routes offline on your device.
- Import activities from GPX files. Handy if you are already using another application to record all your activities and if you don't want to lose your navigation history.
- Export your adventures as GPX or KML files for quick importing in other applications (Google Earth & Google Maps for example).
- Show friends and family where you’ve been by sharing your trips on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, email or text message.
- See detailed stats around your trips: total number of navigations, average speed, total sailed distance, and total navigated duration.
- Keep track of your records: maximal trip duration, longest trip distance or top speed.
- Access local wind forecast for the next hours and days (wind speed and direction) to plan your next navigations.
- Search for your sailing spots and favorite them to access live wind forecast whenever you want.
- No additional sensor needed, just grab your device and embark! However, Skipper cannot be used as replacement for Automatic Identification System (AIS).
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease your device’s battery life: it is recommend to connect the device to a power outlet.
- The GPS works independently from an active Internet connexion.
- An Internet connection is required to download weather forecast and maps.
- Maps provided by Apple and ©Mapbox.
- Seamarks provided by OpenSeaMap.
- Wind forecasts are powered by Dark Sky.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/skipperapp
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/AppSkipper
• Fixed: stability and performance improvements.
• Fixed: general bug fixes.
Thanks for using Skipper! I welcome your feedback and comments: feel free to contact me (email@example.com) and let me know what you think of this update! Love Skipper? Please take a moment to write a review on the App Store!
Ratings and Reviews
Pretty good so far!
I am a novice paddler. I have only used the app a couple of time and it does pretty much everything I hoped it would. However it did shut down when I stopped in one place for a while to watch a school of fish on the surface. I may have to adjust the settings to account for longer sightseeing stops. That may earn it the 5th star once I figure it all out!!!
Thanks for the review of Skipper! And thanks for the feedback on the autosave feature. I will take it into account and see if / how I can integrate it in my application in a future version. Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have other suggestions.
Very pleased with this app
I used the app to log my voyages in the last couple of weeks and I am very impressed. Easy to use and accurate. It would be nice if there was the possibility to upload photos in the log.
Thank you very much for this feedback! I am happy to read that you are enjoying using my app to track your voyages. Regarding your request to add photos to a record, I’ll add it to the wishlist.
Better than I even hoped!
If you're a boater of any kind then buy this app! Sailors will certainly take delight but it would still be enjoyable for a motor on the lake. I spent a long time looking for a decent weather app for sailing. I still hadn't found anything that beat listening to the radio until now!
I found this app on Product Hunt where it is called a "Runkeeper for your boat". True, and I think I'm really going to enjoy that feature! But it also is the best marine weather app, and that feature is just thrown in! Beautiful interface, very useful app.
Glad there's a sailing savvy developer out there with a good eye for design.
Thanks for you great feedback on the application! I hope you still enjoy using it ⛵️
- Axel Le Pennec
- 31.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Axel Le Pennec
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.