Sktchy - For artists and muses
By Sktchy LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Sktchy connects people through art.
- Share photos to inspire artists to draw you
- Find photos to draw
- Add inspiring photos to your Queue to draw later
- Share your art with a fun, supportive community
- Discover and follow amazing artists from around the world
- Buy art directly in the app
- Swipe right on any piece of art to view the photo that inspired it
- Take part in Weekend Art Extravaganzas with a fun new WAX theme every week
Sktchy is not a drawing app. There are a lot of great drawing tools out there, from digital apps to good old fashion wooden pencil and rustling paper. So we let artists choose how they want to create, and instead we focus on inspiring them and giving them a way to share their art with the world.
Because of this, you’ll see every kind of art you can imagine on Sktchy: napkin doodles, digital collages, cut-paper portraits, cappuccino-foam sculptures, drawings burned into pieces of drift wood. There’s even an artist who makes miniature cakes that look like Sktchy users. Then he eats them. What drawing app can say that?!
Join Sktchy. Be inspiring. Get creative. Have fun.
What's New in Version 2.0.2
This update includes design tweaks, bug fixes and performance improvements on top of the highlights from our 2.0 release:
- Fresh New Look: The updated interface is clean and clear with just the right pops of color so that your art and photos look more beautiful than ever. We also have a new logo!
- Discover More Amazing Art: Curated art collections will introduce you to new worlds of creativity.
- Photo Collections: With so many inspiring photos on Sktchy, don’t you wish you had a personal curator to help you pick one to draw? Now you do.
- Easier Art Sharing: Just tap the plus tab, then "Upload Art" to share your creativity with the world.
- Give Your Profile a New Face with a Tap: We moved the Photo Upload button to your Profile, where it belongs. Just tap your Profile Pic to get started.
- Thanks to artist Sophie McPike for our app icon's new background!
We're so excited to put the new Sktchy in your hands. If you love it, please give us a 5-star App Store review and share the app with people you think will love it too. If you have any questions or comments about the update, email us at info [at] sktchy [dot] com. We’d love to hear from you!
This app is so amazing! What a wonderful way to bring artists of all kinds together. A great way for non-digital artists to showcase their AMAZING talents in a digital age where they may not get as much of an opportunity to do so. For digital artists, it's a stress free way to be inspired without the concerns of copyright and awkwardness of privacy issues. And photographers from professional to selfie novices, subjects from seasoned models to the girl next door, inspiration comes in all shapes and sizes. Voyeurs welcome! Exhibitionists encouraged! And the mingling of all kinds of people in a truly unique and special way. Everyone is supportive and positive. It's just a great place to be. I'm still quite new to Sktchy, but I fell in love immediately, and am here to stay ❤️❤️❤️
Great place to exercise those creative muscles
When children come up to me and ask why I am sketching, I ask them if they play a sport or an instrument. I give them parallels of soccer drills and practicing an instrument as being the same for an artist who practices in their sketchbooks. They get it.
I like Sketchy because of the fact that it gives me a chance to work in many different subjects and I get inspired in ways I would never have thought of normally. I look through the photos and something just clicks. It's a great app and for me, a good way to stay fresh and challenged as an artist.
Sktchy is hands down, without a doubt my all time favorite app. It's so much more than a mindless way to pass the time - it's a community of people who want to create (and inspire creation). Unlike anything else I've seen, the people uniformly lift each other up and support all creative endeavors. The art, the muses and the community are all inspiring. It's also a well designed, attractive and intuitive app.