By Sktchy LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Sktchy is a community of artists and art lovers around the world.
• Discover amazing art (250,000 original artworks and counting)
• Follow your favorite artists to keep up with their creative journey
• Share your art with a global creative community
• Get inspiration from 500,000+ reference images (bye-bye, creative block!)
• Share images to inspire artists
• Participate in fun art challenges
Note: Sktchy is not a drawing app. There are a lot of great drawing tools out there, from digital apps to old-fashion pencil and paper. Sktchy lets you choose how you want to create and empowers you to share you art with a community of creative people from around the world.
What's New in Version 2.6.1
In the Home tab, you can now switch between the art you're following and the Community section. Just tap the toggle at the top of the screen. So much of what you love about Sktchy, in one place! Also:
- Fixed: A bug that blocked image uploads
- Fixed: A bug that crashed the app when you tried to upload art without loading your Queue first
- Fixed: A bug that crashed the app when you visited your Queue (iOS 9 only)
- Fixed: A bug that caused multiple profile pics to display in a comment that contained an @mention (iOS 11 only)
Finally, many thanks to artist Hannah Liebert and muse Anna Tsereteli for our app icon's new background!
Make art, see art
It's a terrific way to find images to render. Folks who like your stuff can give you feedback. Of equal benefit is the huge amount of other people's work to see, study, and comment on. By presenting both the reference and the art side by side, the app gives you the opportunity to see how others handle a particular challenge. You can see how experts and amateurs choose tone and colors and how they apply lines and areas to define, enhance, or mangle forms.
An essential app for aspiring artists
The app’s authors have been doing an excellent job with upgrades and stability enhancements. While still not perfect, this app opens up a huge, talented, and supportive community. What is more, it has so far been untouched by spammy advertising or garbage algorithms like virtually every other social networking system. (Hard to know how they’ll keep that up but it’s definitely appreciated in the meantime!)
Great app, great community
I've been using Sktchy for over a year, and it's wonderful for not only finding great reference to draw from, but also for a community of encouraging artists and art lovers. I've discovered so many great artists and watched others grow into great artists through practice there. Love it!