Sky Guide AR
By Fifth Star Labs LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
A star app has never been more beautiful and easy to use. Just hold it to the sky to automatically find constellations, planets, satellites and more. It’s stargazing fun for all ages and experience levels!
Is it a star or the planet Mars? Knowing what's up in your night sky is now effortless with Sky Guide. Hold your iPhone or iPad up and Sky Guide automatically aligns itself to the stars above you—no setup required!
Have you ever wished you could recognize the constellations but didn't want to study those paper star charts? Sky Guide's interactive experience makes learning your way around the sky intuitive and fun.
Whether you're in search of the constellation Virgo, the Andromeda Galaxy or the next big meteor shower, Sky Guide is jam-packed with information and rich graphics that will satisfy the most curious minds.
Voyage to the past or future with cinematic time controls. Know where the Moon will be later in the evening so you can capture that perfect photo. See what the sky looked like the moment you were born or be an eyewitness to history's greatest comets.
It's a star! It's a plane! No, it's a satellite! Sky Guide features hundreds of bright satellites for you to identify and track. You can also receive notifications whenever the International Space Station flies over your location.
Use Sky Guide anywhere—on your evening dog walk, camping trips or in the classroom. Sky Guide works with or without Wi-Fi, cellular service or GPS, so everything is at your fingertips no matter where you go.
- Apple Watch: Sky Guide can send you a notification when an event is about to happen in the skies above your location, like when the International Space Station is due to fly over. You can also keep tabs on the latest solar activity or add our super-accurate Moon Complication to your Apple Watch face.
- 3D Touch: Peek and Pop previews of articles from Search. Quick actions from home screen app icon.
- Notification Center Widget: At-a-glance essentials including rise and set times for the Sun, Moon and planets.
- Filter: X-ray the sky and explore invisible wonders (now enhanced with 3D Touch).
- Red night mode: Preserve your dark-adapted eyesight.
- Huge stellar catalog: 2.5 million stars!
- Sky Guide SUPERMASSIVE. This extensive add-on gives you access to incredible high definition zooming, 50× larger star and deep sky catalogs, and exclusive cinematic tours. SUPERMASSIVE includes a free two-week trial followed by an auto-renewing annual subscription. (See In-App Purchases section for the price available in your country. Payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your account settings after purchase.)
Join the millions who have discovered a more personal connection to the stars with Sky Guide. It might forever change the way you look up.
What's New in Version 6.5.2
iPhone X support is here!
Plus some UI changes and bug fixes
For amusement and education
I recommend this app for anyone who wants to be amazed by our landscape above. It's entertaining, amusing, and educational! Lots of great features like you can hold your phone up to a specific light in the sky and find out by clicking on the screen what it is, or search for your favorite constellation or planet and have Skyguide point out where it is. You can also "fast forward" or reverse in time to see sunsets and paths of other objects in future or history. Great music track that feels like a live movie soundtrack while you use it. The creators of this app have really given us a treat! (Thank you guys!) My favorite app to use!
Incredibly informative, functional, fun and immersive.
I could (and often have) gotten lost in this app for more than an hour, and I mean that in a good way. As an astrophotographer, I use this app primarily to see where the Milky Way will be and where the moon will be in relation, but it was also a huge asset in shooting the total eclipse in August. I love playing around in the app and learning about what's out there. I recommend this app to all my friends who are getting into astrophotography. I wouldn't trade it for anything else!
Best Stargazing app period.
It’s simply amazing how clean and fun this app is; The quality is top notch and new things are added all the time! I use this app for my astrophotography to show future astronomical events and where to point my camera. It’s fun to explore especially if you get the supermassive update and even without the update it comes with so many cool little things to play with, it would be to hard to type it all out.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Nov 02, 2017
- Version: 6.5.2
- Size: 221 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Fifth Star Labs LLC
- © 2013 Fifth Star Labs LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases