Sky Guide: View Stars Night or Day
By Fifth Star Labs LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
2014 Apple Design Award Winner
A star app has never been more beautiful and easy to use. Just hold it to the sky to automatically find constellations, planets, satellites and more. It’s stargazing fun for all ages and experience levels!
“Want an app to help see eclipses, comets and constellations? This is my favorite.”
–The Washington Post
“The perfect companion for helping you find the stars…”
“Beautiful and informative…a treasure.”
Is it a star or the planet Mars? Knowing what's up in your night sky is now effortless with Sky Guide. Hold your iPhone or iPad up and Sky Guide automatically aligns itself to the stars above you—no setup required!
Have you ever wished you could recognize the constellations but didn't want to study those paper star charts? Sky Guide's interactive experience makes learning your way around the sky intuitive and fun.
Whether you're in search of the constellation Virgo, the Andromeda Galaxy or the next big meteor shower, Sky Guide is jam-packed with information and rich graphics that will satisfy the most curious minds.
Voyage to the past or future with cinematic time controls. Know where the Moon will be later in the evening so you can capture that perfect photo. See what the sky looked like the moment you were born or be an eyewitness to history's greatest comets.
It's a star! It's a plane! No, it's a satellite! Sky Guide features hundreds of bright satellites for you to identify and track. You can also receive notifications whenever the International Space Station flies over your location.
Use Sky Guide anywhere—on your evening dog walk, camping trips or in the classroom. Sky Guide works with or without Wi-Fi, cellular service or GPS, so everything is at your fingertips no matter where you go.
- Apple Watch: Sky Guide can send you a notification when an event is about to happen in the skies above your location, like when the International Space Station is due to fly over. You can also keep tabs on the latest solar activity or add our super-accurate Moon Complication to your Apple Watch face.
- 3D Touch: Peek and Pop previews of articles from Search. Quick actions from home screen app icon.
- Notification Center Widget: At-a-glance essentials including rise and set times for the Sun, Moon and planets.
- Filter: X-ray the sky and explore invisible wonders (now enhanced with 3D Touch).
- Red night mode: Preserve your dark-adapted eyesight.
- Huge stellar catalog: 2.5 million stars!
- Sky Guide SUPERMASSIVE. This extensive add-on gives you access to incredible high definition zooming, 50× larger star and deep sky catalogs, and exclusive cinematic tours. SUPERMASSIVE includes a free two-week trial followed by an auto-renewing annual subscription. (See In-App Purchases section for the price available in your country. Payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your account settings after purchase.)
Join the millions who have discovered a more personal connection to the stars with Sky Guide. It might forever change the way you look up.
What's New in Version 6.2.1
+ Updated 3D model of Titan complete with liquid methane lakes. You can view it by searching for Titan, opening its article info and pulling down on Titan to view the whole moon. Find the lakes near its North Pole :)
+ Added moons of Mars: Deimos and Phobos
+ Added moons of Saturn: Mimas, Enceladus, Tethys, Dione, Rhea, Hyperion, and Iapetus
+ Bug fixes and typo corrections
Thanks everyone for your continued support!
-Nick & Chris
Potentially the best Astronomy app out there
Where do I begin? How about when I first started using it? I consider my self a hobbyist for astronomy. I enjoy looking up at the stars and even dream of going into space one day. It's part of the reason I chose my major. With this app, I not only learn the constellations, I learn the stars, I learn the different types of detection methods. I get interesting information on everything from meteors to comets to planets to constellations to deep space objects. Ultra-violet, microwave, x-ray, and more filters I never thought about. The app lets you learn tons about the sky and with their latest update, "Supermassive", is potentially the most extraordinary experience you could ever find. You may as well be learning from career astronomers. At first I thought, wow this looks cool, but for $10 (I thought) per month I can't afford it. I read it again, found out it was for $10 per year and I immediately invested. I'm glad I got it. But what's more, is it really helps me locate a plethora of objects when I pull out my telescope. It really does help me navigate the sky with its detail. And it helps that you can do things like adjust the map for light pollution to match what you're seeing. You might underestimate how even the little things in this app make an impressive app even more magical. Keep up the great work! And if someone's on the fence about this app, I guarantee you won't regret getting it.
The best just got better
The most recent update is just outstanding. As usual, the app is accurate, extremely stable, and there are no issues of any kind. The sky search function where you simply type in the name of an object and an arrow guides you across the sky to that object is just awesome.
The app is highly informative and engaging. Thank you for making it!
Has been great from the start. Now I just subscribed to supermassive - $9.99/yr for some very cool enhancements well worth the modest price. Zoom seamlessly from naked eye view to gorgeous hi-def imagery, with all kinds of interesting info. If you have good binoculars, a small telescope or just want to enjoy the night sky, this is a must-have.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: May 02, 2017
- Version: 6.2.1
- Size: 175 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Fifth Star Labs LLC
- © 2013 Fifth Star Labs LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases