Sky MET (free)
By Sparkling Apps
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to Sky MET,
The ultimate weather app for pilots, by pilots.
This visually stunning and feature rich application provides you with all the weather information you will need when you prepare for your next flight:
METARs and TAFs with a twist
Sure you can get TAFs and METARs everywhere, but you'd be hard pressed to find a map based over overview that provides you instant insight in how the weather will develop over time, just by moving a slider. In addition to raw text, Sky MET provides you with:
- TAF and METAR decoding
- Crosswind component calculation
- Weather radar for each station
- Station NOTAMS
- And web cam images, allowing for sneek peek at the station sky
Quickly see what the winds will be like for any altitude between ground and FL 440
SIGMETs, AIRMETs and outlooks
Unlike most other weather apps, Sky MET presents you with the full range of international Sigmets and airmets required when preparing for your next trip, and when moving the time slider Sky MET will also provide a sigmet outlook. Affected regions are drawn on the map along with the station summaries. You filter on any combination of:
- Tango Airmets
- Sierra Airmets
- ICE airmets
Use Sky MET to quickly see all PIREPs for the last hour. For your convenience the reports have been categorised in Turbulence, Icing and other PIREPs. Urgent pilot reports, for instance when reporting low level wind shear or heavy icing conditions, are clearly marked in red.
Clouds, ICE and tops
Sky MET calculates the areas with relatively high cloud density. These areas are displayed in on the map where blue and yellow coloration's indicate the likelihood of icing conditions. By sliding the altitude bar you can pick an altitude that is less affected by icing conditions.
A quick glance in the left hand top corner of the screen show you the forecasted ambient temperature, wind and relative humidity. The latter you determine weather or not clouds will be likely at that position and altitude.
Sat images and analysis.
Satellite images and significant weather charts are provided to complete the weather picture.
What's New in Version 2.0
- Now provides Rain Rader map overlays for Europe and Continental USA
- Provides multi sensor percipitation estimate overlay for Africa, Western Brasil, the Atlantic, the Indian Subcontinent and the Indian Ocean
- Bug fixes
It is useful app for pilots to see the quick weather reports. Great development by the team. I loved that work.
Great for the price
Very convenient quick look for the price. Great value.
Good and useful program
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Mar 12, 2016
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 16.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Proxy Systems Pvt Ltd
- © SparklingApps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Uprade to Pro!$2.99