SkyCandy is a revolutionary sunrise and sunset forecast app that uses live weather data at your location (and other locations!) to predict the quality of your local sunrise and sunsets to help you find beautiful, vivid, colorful skies at that magical time. Great for photographers, or anyone at all that wants to skip boring sunsets and see only the beautiful ones. Great for photographers, or anyone at all that wants to skip boring sunsets and see only the beautiful ones. This is also called a sunset quality predictor.
Also included is many more powerful sunrise and sunset tools.
► Quality Predictions
SkyCandy uses historic, current, and future weather data to determine if your next Sunrise or Sunset will be colorful and vivid. Please keep in mind that odds are odds, so even if SkyCandy says there's an 80% chance the sunset will be beautiful, mother nature could still roll the dice and get the other 20%!
► Sun Direction Tool
Using our Sun Direction Tool, drop a pin anywhere on the map to know exactly which direction the Sun will be at any time, any date, and any location. Great for photographers that are scouting a photo shoot location and want to know what direction the Sun will be in when they are taking photos.
► Multiple Locations
With the premium subscription, SkyCandy can be setup to check the Sunrise and Sunset quality at multiple locations you save to a list, as well as multiple dates and events!
► Today Widget
Enable a today widget that shows your quality score, time of sunset, and live countdown timer until sunset.
► Alerts & Notifications
Configure automatic alerts and notifications for when the Sunrise and Sunset is going to be high quality at your location.
► Sunrise Times and Sunset Times
Get times for Sunrise, Sunset, Golden Hour, Blue Hour, and more!
► More than 50 tips, tricks, and facts
SkyCandy comes with more than 50 tips, tricks, and facts that will help you take your Sunset photography to the next level. Tips are displayed automatically in-app but can be disabled in app settings.
► Sunrise and Sunset Countdown Timers
Know exactly how much time is left until your next Sunrise or Sunset occurs.
► In-app Support System
Having issues using the app, or can't seem to find something? Just check out the in-app FAQ and knowledge base, or contact us in-app for tech support.
► And Many More Tools!
Many more useful weather, Sunrise, and Sunset tools are also included. Some of the tools and features listed above require a premium subscription. Premium subscription is $2.99 monthly or $29.99 annually ($5+ savings for annual) and can be purchased in-app. That's less than the price of one cheeseburger every month! And unlike the cheeseburger, this is healthy for you and useful! Each subscription help us to continue app development and make the app even better.
The premium subscription includes a free 7 day trial, and is billed on a monthly or annual basis unless you cancel the subscription. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of your current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. If you do not wish to continue your subscription after the free 7 day trial period, it is your responsibility to cancel your subscription before the billing cycle begins. Subscriptions may be managed by you in your iTunes account and auto-renewal may be turned off by going into your Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
Got an idea to make the app even better, or is the app missing a tool that you would like to see implemented? No problem, just contact us using the in-app support and we can add it!
Sunburst by SunsetWx
* Fixed a bug that was causing data on main screen to not load for some users.
Ratings and Reviews
Predictions are very inaccurate. There are days I’ve missed beautiful sunsets because this app predicted a lousy sunset. Got up early this morning to do a sunrise photo shoot, since Sky Candy’s prediction seemed pretty positive. Nope. The cloud cover is so high that the light is struggling to get through. No color whatsoever. I check Sky Candy fairly regularly and they always seem to be off...this is not a once in a while thing.
Developer Response ,
Hi IAFSFW123, we're sorry you've been having trouble. It sounds like your location may be off. Could you please submit a help ticket via in-app support so we can assist you directly? Also, please try toggling location off and then back on in your settings.
Bought paid version rarely works
Everytime i check the wheels are spinning and never actually delivers the result.
Kind of alright
It’s generally accurate, but my big issue with the app is the fact that it often shows the sunrise when it’s mid day, and won’t give a prediction for the sunset. I’ve tried reinstalling the app and using another phone, but it auto loads the sunrise at mid day 50% of the time. I suspect it’s to push their premium subscription. Maybe it’s just a bug though. The first would be a shame.
Edit for developer response:
I’m on an iPhone 6 using the 12/hr time format. This sunset/sunrise mid day issue is still a thing so I thank you for looking into it!
Developer Response ,
Hello there, sounds like a bug. We made it so it should update automatically to correct event (sunrise/sunset) based on the time on your phone. Perhaps it's a bug with 12hr/24hr format, which are you using on your iPhone? Maybe we can fix it.
Edit: Please contact our support team using the in-app contact form so we can get you into our system and keep you updated on any fixed for this issue.
- Dunbar Technology, LLC
- 116.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Photographer's Arsenal
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Premium Subscription $2.99
- Yearly Premium Subscription $23.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.